L2800 enough power?

/ L2800 enough power? #11  
Everyone keeps saying your going to get more "power" & "lift" ?

can someone explain this too me. I have a brochure in front of me & it looks like they have the same loader to me with the same specs for lift? i dont think more horsepower is going to make a loader lift more? correct? I'm no expert, but isnt the FEL controlled by the hydraulic pump & they both have about the same output in flow through the pump.

I just put money down on a l2800 yesterday & have been wondering if i should get the l3400 instread. I will be doing a lot of digging & stump removal & dirt moving. will never be doing mowing, which is why the salesman recommended the l2800, he said i would never use the extra horsepower unless i had large implements running off of the PTO like a big mower in tall grass.

if this isnt true i would like to know ASAP, so i can call the dealer before its too late.

thanks,

/ L2800 enough power? #12  
The biggest problem that I would have with the L2800 would be the transmission driven PTO. That wouldn't be a problem with a hydro, but would be a major problem on the gear drive models. You did say that you don’t expect to mow, so the PTO shouldn’t matter either way.

/ L2800 enough power? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The biggest problem that I would have with the L2800 would be the transmission driven PTO. That wouldn't be a problem with a hydro, but would be a major problem on the gear drive models. You did say that you don’t expect to mow, so the PTO shouldn’t matter either way. )</font>

thanks, i am getting the Hydro, what implements use the most horsepower? I am thinking about a wood splitter & 5ft brush hog. I said i wont be mowing, but i will occasionally, mostly just spring brush growth, only a small area of grass until i get it smoothed out enough to use a riding lawn mower & then i will put something in there to eat the grass eventually because i hate mowing.

/ L2800 enough power? #14  
<font color="blue"> what implements use the most horsepower? </font>
If grass is tall and thick it will take all of the hp that the tractor can muster. If you have a PTO powered tiller if can also take a large amount of power in heavy and / or packed soil.