L2800 L3400 Tool Box

/ L2800 L3400 Tool Box #1  

GMtb42

Gold Member
Tractor
SOLD Kioti CK20 HST Purchased CK3510SE HST
I have come up with kit that will allow anyone to add a tool box behind the seat of a L2800-3400 Kubota tractor .
3 pieces uses existing 3 point top bar hanger and Slow Moving Vehicle sign , Kubota Orange , bolts right up just add box .
PM me if interested .

/ L2800 L3400 Tool Box
Couple of pics .
dcam0059.jpg

dcam0055.jpg

/ L2800 L3400 Tool Box
The box I used is the maximum width I would use but can be longer or taller and not hurt anything .
It is nice having a place to put some small tools and gloves on the tractor .

/ L2800 L3400 Tool Box #4  
That's a very nice job!

/ L2800 L3400 Tool Box
Thanks , nice , neat and out of the way , but easy to get to .

/ L2800 L3400 Tool Box #6  
GMtb42 said:
Thanks , nice , neat and out of the way , but easy to get to .

Nice looking addition and very convenient position for a tool box. Another member also posted an easy semi-convenient place in the loader tube on those tractors with a 4" ABS drain plug on each end?

/ L2800 L3400 Tool Box #7  
Excellent setup!. Wish your post was up a day or two in advance. I think I would have gone with your setup.

When I checked out behind th seat as a spot, I didn't think about moving the slow moving vehicle sign back and so it didn't seem like there was enough room. Your setup solves that problem nicely!

The TB is a lot less out of the way in my setup but I think I am liking it as I tend to access it most when I am off the tractor. I think that I ought to bolt on a strip of metal at the back of the tool box to help re-inforce the fit. I'm a heck of a lot less handy than the rest of the guys here but I figure there is only one way to learn right?

Here is mine.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...53-l3400-toolbox.html?highlight=L3400+toolbox

Last edited:
   / L2800 L3400 Tool Box
canoetrpr said:
Excellent setup!. Wish your post was up a day or two in advance. I think I would have gone with your setup.

When I checked out behind th seat as a spot, I didn't think about moving the slow moving vehicle sign back and so it didn't seem like there was enough room. Your setup solves that problem nicely!

The TB is a lot less out of the way in my setup but I think I am liking it as I tend to access it most when I am off the tractor. I think that I ought to bolt on a strip of metal at the back of the tool box to help re-inforce the fit. I'm a heck of a lot less handy than the rest of the guys here but I figure there is only one way to learn right?

Here is mine.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...53-l3400-toolbox.html?highlight=L3400+toolbox
I thought about that location or on top of the fender . There is not much places to put a tool box on a L2800-3400 .

/ L2800 L3400 Tool Box
Here is another view , I know some people can make this them selves , but if someone wants a pre-made kit let me know .

dcam0079.jpg

I used 3"x3" angle 3/16" thick , 11"s long then welded a 3"x2"x3/16" tab in center for support and to relocate hook , drilled holes to match Slow Moving Vehicle sign bracket in both front and back of box (centered) and drilled a hole for the hook in bottom of box .
Made a brace 3/4"x1/8" and length as needed for the small angle fender brace between the fenders that toolbox now mounts to , so toolbox would not twist or tweak the fender brace .
Nice and sturdy , and quite handy as well .

Last edited:
   / L2800 L3400 Tool Box
New tool box .
I went to Wal-mart and picked up a $10 tool box , inverted the piece and secured the new tool box , now I have a tray and storage under it .
Only drawback is , have to raise seat to access tool box , but it can be opened from either side of the tractor now .
Pics:
dcam0134.jpg

dcam0135.jpg

dcam0137.jpg