L2800 Sight guage leak

/ L2800 Sight guage leak #1  

wushaw

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800, 15 hp 372 Mitsubishi
If anybody is interested in what their L2800/3400 sight guage looks like here are a couple of picts and the threads look cracked causing my leak, I am waiting on the new one to be shipped to me and no I have no idea how much it cost.
I have 200hrs on my tractor and it was time for all the maintence at this time and I found my sight guage leaking....it hasn't been leaking for that long, fluid level wasn't down any.
I jacked the ft. of the tractor up to keep most of the fluid in the rear since it is not time for a fluid change...just filters...save some $$$$.
Hopefully will have it all fixed by next weekend:)

Attachments

• DSC00363.JPG
    DSC00363.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 833
  • DSC00364.JPG
    DSC00364.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 557
   / L2800 Sight guage leak #2  
I had the same problem with mine... I have no idea what caused the problem. I was mowing and pulled across some concrete and saw a trail of fluid. Mine was at about 150 hrs. and the only thing I could think was that heat and or vibration caused the plastic to break down, because the sight glass just cracked and fell apart. It was replaced under warranty, but the cost was only about $7 IIRC.

/ L2800 Sight guage leak #3  
wushaw said:
If anybody is interested in what their L2800/3400 sight guage looks like here are a couple of picts and the threads look cracked causing my leak, I am waiting on the new one to be shipped to me and no I have no idea how much it cost.
I have 200hrs on my tractor and it was time for all the maintence at this time and I found my sight guage leaking....it hasn't been leaking for that long, fluid level wasn't down any.
I jacked the ft. of the tractor up to keep most of the fluid in the rear since it is not time for a fluid change...just filters...save some $$$$.
Hopefully will have it all fixed by next weekend:)

Does jacking the front up keep you from loosing your transmission fluid? And how high do you need to raise it? I have been wondering about how to keep the fluid in when changing the transmission filter.

/ L2800 Sight guage leak
Jacking it up does keep you from loosing most of your fluid, If I was just changing the sight guage I would not have lost any fluid but I needed to change both filters and the hyd filter on the R/H side is about as low as the drain plug and it has a big line going to it so I lost @ a gallon of fluid...beats loosing six + gallons....I had the replacement filter in hand and done a quick swap...it was a little messy:)

I have a Lincoln 2 1/2 ton floor jack and just put it under the ft. axle and went as high it would go and put my jack stands under the FEL mounting braces....I did remove the FEL before this procedure....made things a little easier and I needed to be able to close my shop door if I ran into problems....which I did..... sight guage is on order and will be here Wednesday:(