L3000dt tire width

/ L3000dt tire width #1  

soarkrebel

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3000DT
Ok the tires when you get your tractor look wimpy. so i read the manual and thought it was pretty lame in explaining how do this. but i did it this way and tell me if i'm right. (better be cause i drove it afterwards) i took the left and right tires off. i switched them /left on right -right on left. gave me 47" center to center as the manual said. looks better! the valve stem is now to the outside.
i guess i can now move them outside the disc to obtain 51",but it would look funky.
did i do this right? i think so but could you reassure me.

/ L3000dt tire width #2  
<font color=blue>the tires when you get your tractor look wimpy
i can now move them outside the disc to obtain 51",but it would look funky</font color=blue>

Hmmm... /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif I think most of us like the way our tractors look, but the way you set your wheels should be a functional/safety/stability issue, not a style thing.
crazy.gif

My L2500DT (pretty much the same frame as yours) was originally used to pull trailers through apple orchards on flat ground and therefore had the wheels set narrow. When I bought it (with 87 hours on the meter), I had the wheels set wide 'cuz my property is quite hilly and uneven and I wanted all the stability I could get.

I gave my own explanation and experience (with pictures and diagrams) a while back in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=113726&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post113726>this post</A>.

I think my 'bota looks cool even when it's covered with dirt.
wink.gif

/ L3000dt tire width
Harv i guess guess funky wasn't the best word. i like the way it turned out at the 47".
I didnt like the narrowness plus i live on a hill and it will help in that stability area.
But the thing that got me was my wife who isn't into tractors walked out after i had done it and said " thats looks good" . now if i can just get her to drive it a little , but not to much i may not be able to get on it.

/ L3000dt tire width #4  
Thats why I got R-4 tires.
Because they look good !!