L3000DT won't start

/ L3000DT won't start #1  

katoranger

Tractor
Cub 1250
L3000DT won\'t start

I have the use of a Kubota L3000DT, but it has a starting problem. It will occasionally start, but there is a problem with either the neutral switch or the keyswitch itself I believe. I was only able to started it once and then it wouldn't start again. If I jump the starter solenoid it just spins the starter, but won't engage the flywheel. I was told that the neutral switch on the high low range has been a problem.

Any help would be appreciated. This tractor has 149 hours.

Thanks, Allen

/ L3000DT won't start #2  
Re: L3000DT won\'t start

Hello Allen, you may have a couple problems…
If you are activating the solenoid and the starter turns but dose not engage with the engine… I think you need to pull the starter and see if you can determine why the starter gear is not traveling to engage the engine. The key switch and safety switches only prevent energizing the solenoid. Happy hunting, KennyV

/ L3000DT won't start #3  

SIR,
just have to jiggle the hi-lo range,
handle until it starts. it has to be in
neutral.
accordionman
wlbrown
L3000DT

/ L3000DT won't start

I have tried wiggling the hi lo lever and it started one time for me. I believe that it the problem, but I am looking for advice before I go ahead and replace the switch. When it started it started just fine. I don't know why the starter wouldn't engage when I jump the solenoid.

Thanks, Allen

/ L3000DT won't start #5  

hello, did you solve the problem??
I have 2 L3000DT, and with both, I have to move the hi-low lever, while in the neutral possition, a little bit downward.
You can try this also, with the clutch pedal FULLY DEPRESSED, with the right hand keep the starting key fully turn and with the left hand,at the same time, move the hi-low lever slowly up or down until you feel where it engages the safety switch, and the tractor should start.
Also check the PTO lever to be in neutral.

/ L3000DT won't start #6  

i've had a problem with the switch also on my bx22. i took the connectors off the switch and cleaned them up, put some dialectric compound on them, starts right up now. you should be able to get the connectors of without removing the switch. seems all that water I spray down there to get the mud out causes the switch to act up. In a pinch leave the tractor in gear, push the switch all the way in with a long flat tip screwdriver, mine will start like that until i can clean the connectors. make sure your brake is on. this will get you out of the field back to the work shop.

/ L3000DT won't start

Thanks for the tips. It seems this is a common issue. I plan to get out there to look at it again this week. I live 30 miles away so it is difficult to do. I am going to try to clean all the connections becuase it is covered with dirt and grease in there.

Is there any adjustments for this switch?

Thanks, Allen

/ L3000DT won't start #8  

mine is your garden variety white plastic push switch. don't think there is any adjustments. can't really understand why when I push the whole way in it starts, I would think this is the "HIGH" range lockout but it starts.
there is always the chance the switch is bad. if you remove it check it out with an ohm meter. open/ closed type readings.
wish i could give you more info but the bx is at the dealers for her second birthday check-up.( the switch was on the list)