L3010 Won't Turn Off

/ L3010 Won't Turn Off #1  

HarleyBob

Silver Member
My key no longer turns off my L3010. I must use manual shut off.
I checked "keystop" fuse and replaced with new. It was fine.
I bought and replaced the Denso Stop Solenoid, still same problem.
Now I have an extra solenoid if anyone needs one.
What do I try next?

Last edited:
   / L3010 Won't Turn Off #2  
!st off you should check for 12v at the stop solenoid by turning key switch off and on. If you do hold on to the solenoid you should fell the plunger moving inside the solenoid. If its working then it has to be in the stop valve itself. If it isn't then check for a good ground, then check the wire all the way back to the key switch. Make sure the switch has 12v to it and if not check the red wire to fuse and from there to battery. You should by now found something and if you did what was it.

/ L3010 Won't Turn Off
!st off you should check for 12v at the stop solenoid by turning key switch off and on. If you do hold on to the solenoid you should fell the plunger moving inside the solenoid. If its working then it has to be in the stop valve itself. If it isn't then check for a good ground, then check the wire all the way back to the key switch. Make sure the switch has 12v to it and if not check the red wire to fuse and from there to battery. You should by now found something and if you did what was it.

I replaced solenoid and still nothing. Looked from testing that it was the timer switch ($110) so I replaced that, still no go.
Now it looks like key switch. It is most likely bad from water exposure as tractor was parked outside for most its life. Lives inside now.

/ L3010 Won't Turn Off #4  
Isn't the timer for the glow plugs?

/ L3010 Won't Turn Off
I tried new key, new solenoid and new timer relay. And replaced fuse twice. Turned out to be corroded fuse block clips.
Only option from Kubota is replace entire fuse block and harness. So working on work around.

/ L3010 Won't Turn Off #6  
Glad you found it. Amazing how many electrical problems turn out to be mecanical problems. At least electrical parts are easy to come by but still a having to do a work around is a royal pain.

/ L3010 Won't Turn Off #7  
Electrical problems should not be a guess game, but it is done around here a lot. The manual should tell how to check each part. What gets me if they guess wrong the part isn't taken back off. They just say that it is bad also. I just hate taking my truck to a repair shop just because of that.