L3240 vs. 6.5' disc

/ L3240 vs. 6.5' disc #11  
There are a lot of variables to being able to handle x size disc with y size tractor. Soil type, moisture, disc weight, disc spacing, etc all play an important role. I have a little Leinbach disc that is 6'10" wide and weighs a little under 600lbs, which is pretty light for a disc. My little B3200 can pull it under any conditions in stock trim, but start adding weight and it gets tougher. I generally add another 200lbs to it the first time over in plowed ground, and the B3200 struggles a little if the soil is wet or too sandy, but generally does a good job. My NAA Ford handles it fine even though it is only 2wd.

With that said, I think you have plenty of weight and traction to handle most 6.5' disc harrows. With 32hp on that heavy of a tractor you might not have the power to pull it very fast, but I think it should definitely get the job done.

/ L3240 vs. 6.5' disc #12  
I bought the heavy duty (box frame) King Kutter your size, notched blades front, smooth rear. It was a very good fit. I replaced my L3710 with a L5740 and of course the disk is too small. I now have a 13' tandem wheeled disk with added ballast that is all the L5740 can handle. I still use the small mounted disk for some small areas like where my cousin rutted fields badly baling or combining wet fields. I know people saw it is a stupid thing to do but I get good results by using my hydraulic top link to shift weight to either the front or rear gang to get a deeper cut. I also use a plow but hunters from the city use my tractor and the small disk for their deer food plots and say it works great other than they preferred the open platform L3710 to the cab L5740.

/ L3240 vs. 6.5' disc #13  
I have GL3240 GST. I bought the largest one the owners manual said I could use and have no problems pulling it. I believe it states no larger than a 6ft and no more than 770 pounds. On vacation and don't rightly remember. I'm pretty sure it is a 6 foot, 20 disc. I also bought a tiller first. It turns NC red clay into portland. So I bought the disc and started using it, then dragging to even it out. I've had to recut the tilled areas with the disc to rebreak it. As the username implies, I'm a rookie and could have done something wrong. hope this helps

/ L3240 vs. 6.5' disc #14  
Like Rookiefred said, a tiller in my area is more of a concrete mixer - except where you haul in dirt. My neighbor has one on his JD my sister and I use on our gardens which are peat mixed with rotten cow manure. Our regular soil we beat into submission in the fall and rely on freeze/thaw cycles to finish it off. There are so many soil types in America there is no one answer fits all.

/ L3240 vs. 6.5' disc #15  
Like Rookiefred said, a tiller in my area is more of a concrete mixer - except where you haul in dirt. My neighbor has one on his JD my sister and I use on our gardens which are peat mixed with rotten cow manure. Our regular soil we beat into submission in the fall and rely on freeze/thaw cycles to finish it off. There are so many soil types in America there is no one answer fits all.

Soil along with types and sizes of disk. I wish that when someone says I pull X disk with my tractor that they would say if it is tandem or offset, what size the blades are, if it is a 3pt or a pull disk and how much weight they think that it might be or the weight if they actually know it, how deep they are cutting etc. etc.

There are so many variables that without more info than what most people post, there is no way to actually have the posted info help anyone. :(

/ L3240 vs. 6.5' disc #16  
Happy New Year to all. I checked my disc harrow yesterday. It is a 6 foot, 20 disc with 2 rows of 10 discs. The discs are 18" and all scalloped. I put 5
12x16 hollow cmus for added weight. As far as how deep I'm cutting, I'd have to guess 4-5 inches on the first run. I try to do about an acre at a time and run it both ways if I can. Second cut is probably getting to 6-8 inches. I'm trying to cut up and smooth out the ruts on about 10 acres that had been no tilled drilled for a quite a few years. Eventually I hope to have it in tall fescue. Right now, the field is a playground for my 5 grandsons and their dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. Hope this helps