L3400 Battery size

/ L3400 Battery size #1  

beersngars

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HSD
I want to get a new battery for my L3400HST. I can't seem to find a definite answer as to size and the tractor is 60 miles away. Most charts say Group 24 but a few say 24F. The tractor was purchased new in 2007 or 2008 and beleive it or not, still has the original battery. Towards thge end of the season last year starting sounded iffy. TIA

/ L3400 Battery size
No shop manual, just the owners manual and all it mentios is 12v, CCA and the like.

/ L3400 Battery size #4  
Group 24 and 24f I believe only differ with the terminal positions. Most cables have enough slop that the battery can be oriented wIth the terminals on the correct side and still reach.
Buy the battery out where the tractor is, find a BCI table and match your current battery dimensions (or space available) and go with whatever fits and meets the recommended CA or CCA.

/ L3400 Battery size #5  
...tractor was purchased new in 2007 or 2008 and believe it or not, still has the original battery...
My 2005 is still using the original battery, although, I do throw it on a charger before I use her for the weekend ;)

Looking forward to the correct answer!!!

/ L3400 Battery size
I read that the difference between a 24, a 24F, the F is a flat top and the 24R was reverse polarity. I don't remember a flat top....of course I don't remember lots of things anymore.

/ L3400 Battery size #7  
I think its a group24f facing the tractor the neg terminal is on the right side (passenger side)..

/ L3400 Battery size #8  
Corraza is essential correct. Batteries are not critical for matching, 1) Get dimensions to fit the hole (all 3 ...long, wide and high). 2) Get one with the posts in the same position as your original (plus, minus and to which edge they are close.) 3) Pick a starting capability / strength you want , i.e. CCA rating. The higher the stronger.

There really is nothing more to it. Pay no attention to other specs. You can go to any auto parts store and see the difference between 24 and 24F (just post positions.)

Recommendation: drive the 60 miles as Corraza says, pull out the old battery and take it to ANY battery sales shop, match it up and buy a replacement out there near the tractor. Truth is battery warrantees are worthless because what you have to pay after very much time is enough to buy a new battery somewhere else. Second, Walmart is cheapest and will work fine for years. You will need to turn in the old battery, which they call a core, and get back $15 or what ever $ they assign to a 'core.' Essentially all 'new' batteries on the shelf for sale were rebuilt using the 'core' someone else turned in. Exceptions are (sometimes) those in a brand new car/truck/tractor.

/ L3400 Battery size #9  
FWIW,the F in 24F stands for Ford,as they used reversed terminals to the norm.
24F and 27F are/were common.
Now,reverse terminal batteries end in R.
Looking forward to the OE Group number as well.
Good Luck!

/ L3400 Battery size
And the correct battery for the 2007 Kubota L3400HST is..................................................group 24. Funny part is, I went and pulled the old battery out, and noticed it had one of those eyes to look in. It showed green. Ended up with a Deka.