L3400 Battery size

/ L3400 Battery size #11  
And the correct battery for the 2007 Kubota L3400HST is..................................................group 24. Funny part is, I went and pulled the old battery out, and noticed it had one of those eyes to look in. It showed green. Ended up with a Deka.
If it shows green it should still be a good battery.

/ L3400 Battery size #12  
That green indicator only shows the specific gravity of one cell out of six.

/ L3400 Battery size #13  
And the correct battery for the 2007 Kubota L3400HST is..................................................group 24. Funny part is, I went and pulled the old battery out, and noticed it had one of those eyes to look in. It showed green. Ended up with a Deka.
Nice. So, how many CCAs is the new one? How does that compare with the old one, if you remember what it was?

/ L3400 Battery size
I don't remember. I do know it spins the old Kubota faster than it's turned over in years.

/ L3400 Battery size #15  
Glad it worked. I was going to mention a couple of things that worked for our Kubota - but it sounds like yours didn't need them. A low battery isn't the end of the world - jumping works. But not having to do that sure is nice on cold mornings.

It helped to get a battery with the same terminal orientation. Normally that wouldn't matter; most everything has cables are long enough to reach all orientations. But Kubota is notoriously miserly with wire, and on ours only a group 24 with the same terminals and orientation could use the original cables & hold downs.

Which brings up cables... the original cables are rather low quality with thin stiff insulation and a minimal number of strands. I haven't, but really should replace them with better and lower resistance weldng-quality cables. That would enable addng a little to the length which would open up a world of battery options.

The old OEM battery lasted 14 years - but during that time it managed to spit acid fumes all over the battery compartment which several times had to be cleaned, repainted, also ate up the cable ends. The replacement battery is a sealed AGM type, and the original steel cable ends abandoned for good bronze marine ones from Amazon.

With the AGM battery and new cable ends my battery maintenance has gone from a yearly cleaning chore down to pretty much zero. It starts better on cold mornings, too.
rScotty

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 4.43.53 AM.png

/ L3400 Battery size #16  
My L3400 still has the aftermarket (NAPA) battery in it that it had when I bought it used in 2014. I keep it in the barn, and stick a cheap Harbor Freight maintainer on it when I know it's going to sit for weeks or longer. The battery, when standing at the front, has its pos. terminal on the right side, towards the rear of the tractor. The tractor has always been dead reliable, knock on wood/metal. I hit the glow plugs 3-4 seconds typically when it's cold. I had block heaters on my previous Kubotas, but none on this one. Maybe global warming has negated the need for them here in Northern Maryland?