L3400 HST Hydraulics Problem

/ L3400 HST Hydraulics Problem #1  

Wynn

Tractor
ta L3400HST w/ LA463 FEL 60" bucket
I've just purchased a L3400HST w/ LA463 FEL, 5' Bushhog Finish Mower, and 50" Tiller. Whenever I try to gradually raise the 3pt hitch with either the mower or the tiller attached, it jerks and jerks and jerks up - it's not a smooth motion as whenever you lower the 3 pt hitch. If you quickly raise the hitch, it doesn't seem to jerk or isn't as noticeable - but if you try to make a minor adjustment upwards, it jerks enough to shake the whole tractor. My dealer says that he never noticed it before, but tried several other L3400 HST's on his lot with the same results I discovered. He said that if you lower the RPMs down before you raise the hitch, then it doesn't jerk as hard...I haven't this problem with other tractors I've used. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you have any answers?

/ L3400 HST Hydraulics Problem
I've just purchased a L3400HST w/ LA463 FEL, 5' Bushhog Finish Mower, and 50" Tiller. Whenever I try to gradually raise the 3pt hitch with either the mower or the tiller attached, it jerks and jerks and jerks up - it's not a smooth motion as whenever you lower the 3 pt hitch. If you quickly raise the hitch, it doesn't seem to jerk or isn't as noticeable - but if you try to make a minor adjustment upwards, it jerks enough to shake the whole tractor. My dealer says that he never noticed it before, but tried several other L3400 HST's on his lot with the same results I discovered. He said that if you lower the RPMs down before you raise the hitch, then it doesn't jerk as hard...I haven't this problem with other tractors I've used. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you have any answers?

/ L3400 HST Hydraulics Problem #3  
Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
There have been threads on TBN discussing this problem on L3400HST's. I cannot find them with a search this morning. But the fix was <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> changed the valve for 3PH. If your dealer is not aware of the fix ask him to call <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> and get the fix. I hate it when a dealer says "they all do it" (car dealers like this statement). So it must be OK. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ L3400 HST Hydraulics Problem #4  
Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
There have been threads on TBN discussing this problem on L3400HST's. I cannot find them with a search this morning. But the fix was <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> changed the valve for 3PH. If your dealer is not aware of the fix ask him to call <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> and get the fix. I hate it when a dealer says "they all do it" (car dealers like this statement). So it must be OK. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ L3400 HST Hydraulics Problem #7  
I had my (gear) L3400's valve changed. It is still jerky, but nowhere near as bad as originally.

Don't let the dealer bully you into leaving it alone. This jerkiness will eventually break stuff, of that, I'm sure.

/ L3400 HST Hydraulics Problem #8  
I had my (gear) L3400's valve changed. It is still jerky, but nowhere near as bad as originally.

Don't let the dealer bully you into leaving it alone. This jerkiness will eventually break stuff, of that, I'm sure.

/ L3400 HST Hydraulics Problem #9  
Welcome to TBN Wynn.

This is a well known issue (fortunately). I'd hate to have been the first guy to run into this.

By and large dealers (and Kubota) have been very good about getting this one resolved.

Here is another thread on this issue.

Like the Av8r said - the fix is to replace the 3PT valve with the same valve that used to be in the older L3010 tractor.

It is much smoother after the fixed valve. It could still be a tad smoother I think but it works just fine for me now.

/ L3400 HST Hydraulics Problem #10  
Welcome to TBN Wynn.

This is a well known issue (fortunately). I'd hate to have been the first guy to run into this.

By and large dealers (and Kubota) have been very good about getting this one resolved.

Here is another thread on this issue.

Like the Av8r said - the fix is to replace the 3PT valve with the same valve that used to be in the older L3010 tractor.

It is much smoother after the fixed valve. It could still be a tad smoother I think but it works just fine for me now.