L3400 hst pedal adjustment

/ L3400 hst pedal adjustment #1  

grizzjeeper

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota l3400 HST
05 l3400 hst with about 200 hours on it. The hst peddle seems to need adjustment but cant seem to find anywhere to do so. Its sticking in forward and reverse. Does not want to "spring back" to neutral. No grease zerks to be found either. I see like a damper rod but doesnt seem to do anything?

/ L3400 hst pedal adjustment #2  
Underneath there are 3 zerks that need grease... page 50 of the manual, upper left, Pedal Shaft grease fittings. Needs to be greased every 50 hours... only way of doing it is on your back.

/ L3400 hst pedal adjustment #3  
Yes... If you don't grease those zerks your peddle will stick.

/ L3400 hst pedal adjustment #4  
If you don't have the manual, I could scan the page... but that on another computer :( let me know if you have the manual.

/ L3400 hst pedal adjustment #5  
even with 20 hour greasing, mine felt a little sticky sometimes so I started using lps 3 as well as greasing, feels better plus it protects it from the salt water too.

Rick

/ L3400 hst pedal adjustment
Interesting, i found the issue was the plate covering the mechanism taht attached to the spring to the left of the treadle was pinching. Its attached to teh center hump on the operator deck. I am guessing when they replaced my hydro return hose (cracked) they over tightened cover.

BUT on another note the three grease zerks underneith do not even attatch to the treadle. Its just for the brakes, clutch etc. Thanks for your help!