L3400 loader maintenance

/ L3400 loader maintenance
Have you cleaned / changed the air filters ?? Sure hope you haven't shined that on. bulk of engine wear comes from grit past the air filter.

On the pivots, grease each one twice. Roll the bucket and lift the arms after the first greasing. that will ensure grease is getting to all sides. I use a LOT of grease on the machine.grease is cheap,worn parts are not.

Yes. I have actually power washer her a few times after she got real dirty and I cleaned the air filter and radiator screen each time.

/ L3400 loader maintenance #12  
The operators manual for an L3700

Hydraulic oil change 400 hours
Hydraulic oil filter 50 & 400
Engine Oil 50 & 200
Engine Oil Filter 50 & 200

I'd start with new hydraulic filters, (and were it me, new hydraulic oil at your 300 hours), engine oil change and new engine oil filter and new air filter, remove and clean fuel filter. I'd check fluid level on sight glass after the hydraulic filter change and have level mid point on the glass. I'd check fluid level in the front axle if it's a 4 x 4 and make sure you grease the axle pivot on the front axle and differential if it's 4 x 4. Just because overheating will kill these engines quick and easy, I'd flush the coolant and replace with new premix glycol.

See how your bucket rolls after it has fresh filters and you confirm correct fluid levels. Grease pins for the loader every ten hours of use. If you are still having problems with the loader, try to determine if something is bent, like the loader arms. If not and you are still having issues, I'd go for a qualified service tech. to sort it out. These machines REQUIRE periodic service but you only have baby hours on the 3400 so no damage should be present, even with lack of attention to service, up to this point.

Purchase at least an owners manual as all the basic information is there.