L3400 Price Check

/ L3400 Price Check #51  
Yes, he has a spare key and the owners manual. I will get it all tomorrow. I assume there is a maintenance schedule in there.
Yes there is a complete schedule,, the first 50 hours is the most important
3 filters, Hydraulic, Hydrostat, and Oil and drain the engine oil. The manual says you do not have to change the hyraulic/hydro fluid until 400 hours. Be sure to keep of with the greasing.. loader every 10 hours of use, and be sure to hit both the front axle pivot fittings, the front one, you open up the breather cap, and pump until some of the old grease comes out. the back one you just put in 4 or 5 pumps and quit. and then the 3 under the operators platform, clutch and brake shafts.. spray the hydrostat linkage with fluid film under the platform. I use fluid film on the 3pt parts also. dont forget your suspension seat also.. again fluid film everything and bounce up and down on it several times to work it in. Adjustment is the T handle in the back , adjust for your weight. They are notorious for freezing up and not working.. So many guys don't even know they have a suspension seat because it has never worked! Good luck

James K0UA

/ L3400 Price Check #52  
I havent purchased the tarp yet. I do not have insurance on it.

I am going to park it way in the back, not viewable from the street. Not the best, but not the worst.

I thought about jacking it up and taking a wheel off, but I drive by there everyday anyway so. Everything is gated and locked so I think it will be ok.

The Kubota KTAC insurance is the great, lots of good testimonials here on it. I intend to keep it up even after mine is paid off.

James K0UA

/ L3400 Price Check
Today was quite the adventure. Took all day to get this bad boy home.

Stopped at the Bank at 9:00 to get the cashiers check and by time it was all said and done and I had all the mud off the truck it was 6pm.

I have alot to learn about this this tractor, and more importantly my new 10 acres. Today I found a soft spot and sunk the truck a foot down into the mud w/o even trying. Had to use another truck to get it unstuck. Tractor wasnt off yet so I couldnt use it.

Once it dries out a little I will go back and play with it some more. I am going to read the manual while I watch TUF on DVR. Thanks again for the great advice everyone.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0760.jpg