Price Check L3400 Price Check

/ L3400 Price Check #11  
Having driven the shuttle L4400 at the dealer to try the FEL and such, I found it to be very easy and very natural to drive. I have pulled the trigger on the L3400DT.

For me the price increase on the B7800 (which I was sold on originally) was enough to put me happily into the larger L series. I couldn't justify the near $2k for the hydro with the shuttle so intuitive to operate.

I've driven many older straight gear tractors and I found the shuttle far easier than an old Ford N or Jubilee, not to mention the gate on a 4020 Deere. Yeah, maybe not fair comparisons, but thats all I got.

/ L3400 Price Check #12  
Hmmm,

Too bad you pulled the trigger on the DT. I was gonna tell you to hold out for the HST. If you are doing loader work, it will get more done. By a large margin. Yeah, it costs more, but it really is worth it. Unless you are going to do field work, then the DT wins hands down.

Anyway, enjoy the toy!
jb

/ L3400 Price Check #13  
Tom:

John is right. It all depends on what the majority of your work will be. I do a lot of backhoe work, and hauling work with the loader that really isn't back-and-forth. I don't mow with mine, so an HST didn't make any sense for me. If you're going to be doing a lot of mowing or quick back-and-forth work, the HST will probably suit you better. As for the gear, the shuttle works really well, with just a flick of the wrist--although you have to be completely stopped or you'll grind. And since it has a 2-stage clutch, you only have to press it down halfway (which isn't very far), so the overall motion of changing direction is pretty much an afterthought after just a few hours use.

/ L3400 Price Check
Ark,

Thanks for the info! I wasn't totally sure on the GST (shuttle) thing.
I'll be doing some loader work but mostly Box work and landscape type
fun, eh hum! I mean chores. I have a large gravel lot @ my biz
and it needs Rx on a fairly regular basis.

/ L3400 Price Check #15  
hey now tom,

not sure on your exact location but im in the lynchburg, va area. im still awaiting a phone call from 1 other dealer but got a few quotes.

l2800hst used in a show still considered new with a ballast box and fel for $15,900

l2800 brand new not even set up yet with loader $15,900

l3400 with loader (gear not hst) $15,500

all delivered and fluid in the rear tires

not sure if these are good or bad .. comments.??

/ L3400 Price Check
Eco,

I've decided the L3400 is too big/heavy for my needs
Sat on a B2630 today and although i know it'a different
animal i liked it just the same. Where was the
dealer u were quoted located. I'm down in the
Hampton Roads area.

Leaning towards a local dealer for service reasons unless
price is insane.

I appreciate the post!