L3400 vs L3130

/ L3400 vs L3130 #1  

Diesel_Boy

Silver Member
i'm trying to compare these two. i see on the specs the L3130 has an independent pto, and the L3400 has a live continuous with ORC. could someone please explain the difference? i've also read on other posts, a problem with the ORC (sort of like the shuddering on the 3ph issue). does anyone know what this specific issue is all about? thank you.

/ L3400 vs L3130 #2  
They are both great machines but faced with some of the same questions as yourself, I purchased the 3430. I had ZERO experience with any tractors but this forum clarified some things that would be useful to me on a tractor. I wanted to brush hog mostly and misc. projects on 10 mostly wooded acres. The advice about getting the most power available in the particular size you're shopping for is simply good advice. I looked at the 3400hst and the 3430hst. I know the price of the 3430 was thousands more but well worth it. The 723 loader with quick-tach bucket is enough reason for me to pay more. The independant PTO is nice when going from one brush hogging project to another. In the end, as far as tractors go, your money doesn't depreciate as soon as you drive it off the lot. I was looking for a used 35hp kubota for well over a year and was shocked to see that 300-500hr units were only $1500-$2500 cheaper than new. So you might as well buy the best you can afford cause if you need to sell for any reason you won't loose much. Be sure to post pics of whatever you end up with:) GOOD LUCK, Jay

Attachments

• 807247-kubota 2.jpg
    807247-kubota 2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 224
   / L3400 vs L3130 #3  
The big difference between the machines is three more horsepower for the L3400, then it gives up 700 pounds of weight and 550 pounds of lift (LA723 FEL) to the L3130.

/ L3400 vs L3130 #4  
The 3130 has an independant PTO that can be engaged without clutching.

The 3400 has a live PTO that needs to be clutched in order to engage it. The live PTO protects the transmission from being overdriven by using a one way clutch (ORC or over riding clutch) This clutch ratchets and makes grinding sort of noise when you press the clutch in with the PTO engaged. This noise lasts for a short time until the implement stops. The noise can be avoided by disengaging the PTO without clutching. That is what my dealer suggested.

This ORC is only used on the HST model of the 3400.

/ L3400 vs L3130 #5  
I think the telescoping 3 pt arms are worth the extra money also.... they make hooking up implements much easier.

/ L3400 vs L3130 #6  
What are you planning to do with it?

/ L3400 vs L3130
mostly snow plowing my 500 foot driveway, light and occasional logging, cutting wood with cordwood saw, rototilling and brush hogging in the future. i see kubota also has telescoping stabilizer kit for $150.

/ L3400 vs L3130 #8  
You saw a telescoping stabilizer kit available for the L3400? That would be cool. Is it a Kubota part and do you happen to have part numbers? Im would like that feature. To help with your choice between those two tractors it is a tough call. Both nice and people like them both. I have an L3400HST. Wanted the most horsepower for the buck. But the 3130 does have some nice features. Flip a coin and good luck. Brian

/ L3400 vs L3130
the stabilizer is standard on the L4400. but if you go to the kubota web site and look at the specs for the 3400, at the bottom of the screen you'll see the stabilizer kit as an option. don't know the part number, but your dealer should know.