L3430/4410/TC35D Loader Cycle Time ???

/ L3430/4410/TC35D Loader Cycle Time ??? #1  

Neophyte

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 eHydro with 300CX FEL
I have a question about loader cycle time. I'm not sure if I'm using the right phrase but I'm referring to the time it takes to lift the loader to full height, dump the bucket, curl the bucket back and then lower the loader back to the ground. This process being the cycle and the time it takes to make it happen.

A Kubota/JD dealer told me that the Kubota L3430 & JD 4410 had nearly identical loader cycle times. He said the NH TC35D had a cycle time twice as long.

I always thought the cycle time was dependent upon the gallons per minute of the hydraulic attachment pump. If so, then wouldn't the NH TC35D have the fastest loader cycle time due to the following?

Attachment Pump Flow Rate:
* Kubota L3430 - 8.3 GPM
* JD 4410 - 8.6 GPM
* NH TC35D - 9.8 GPM

It seems if the cycle time was dependent upon the flow rate of the hydraulic pump, then the NH TC35D would have the fastest cycle times. Where am I going wrong with this? Is it dependent on the pressure rather than the flow rate or dependent on both? If so, what is the hydraulic pressure rating for each of these machines?

I have not had the opportunity to test this myself but I plan to when I get the chance. I have tried all three but never with this in mind. In the mean-time, I would appreciate any input.

Thank you.

/ L3430/4410/TC35D Loader Cycle Time ??? #2  
<font color="blue"> I have a question about loader cycle time. </font>
Just curious, how does loader cycle time figure into your buying decision?

/ L3430/4410/TC35D Loader Cycle Time ??? #3  
Neophyte-

GPM is just part of the equation. The other part of the equation is cylinder size. Imagine a pump of a given rating trying to fill a cylinder that's 3"x24" and one that's 8"x24" in size. The second one would take take a lot more fluid to move the ram to the end of it's stroke. I doubt each manufacturer uses that same cylinder sizes, so that may account for different cycle times.

/ L3430/4410/TC35D Loader Cycle Time ??? #4  
GPM is a general idea of how much hydraulic oil the pump is capable of moving at a given pressure at full RPM under a non restrictive condition. To have a higher GPM pump and no increase in hose, tubing valving etc., can adversely affect the GPM. The velocity of the fluid is one of the factors you use to determine the pressure drop and also the resultant flow loss. As was mentioned, the pump GPM is just a part of the equation. Loader configuration can have an affect too. Did you notice the rollback angle of the 4410's 430 loader, it's quite small and either means the geometry is leveraged differently or the cylinders stroke is shorter, either of which is likely to decrease the cycle time. When comparing tractors, using GPM is a very rough guide. System pressure is also important. Using the tractors will perhaps be a better indicator of just how effective a hydraulic circuit is plumbed. Use the figures with a bit of salt when comparing. Rat...

/ L3430/4410/TC35D Loader Cycle Time ???
Wise guy ha? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It doesn't really, I just wanted to see if the dealer was correct or full of it. I suppose it would figure in if it was ridiculously slow or there was a very noticeable difference. Work goes alot quicker if your cycle time is faster. I suppose you could say it would go almost twice as fast on a machine where the cycle time was twice as fast.

/ L3430/4410/TC35D Loader Cycle Time ??? #6  
<font color="blue"> Wise guy ha? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font>
Yep, that's me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was just trying to figure out what task someone might need to perform where a faster cycle time would make a difference. There have been times when I've needed to reduce rpms on my TC25D in order to slow the loader down, e.g., close to ojects that I didn't want to hit.

/ L3430/4410/TC35D Loader Cycle Time ???
Mike,

That's a good point. Sometimes a faster cycle time on a loader can be a dangerous thing. I know I was taken back by the speed of the L3130 loader. I could see how it could be dangerous, especially when curling back with a load in the bucket.

/ L3430/4410/TC35D Loader Cycle Time ??? #8  
Neophyte.. I have the TC35D w/SS Hydro.. 17LA FEL w/ HD 72" bucket & toothbar. I'm close to 800 hrs now.. haven't had any problems w/ "slowness" in the FEL.. at operating RMP.. it's very quick & responsive.

The last couple weekends I've been pushing down dead & almost dead tree's w/ the FEL on a fieldline for one of my farm neighbor's. I'll have to take some pictures of the size of the trees this tractor can topple.. I only had to get off the tractor for one tree to use the chain saw.. the others pushed over.. root ball & all.. amazed me.. I was having too much fun!!!

/ L3430/4410/TC35D Loader Cycle Time ??? #9  
I have to agree "Moving too fast with bucket in air has to be dangerous" I would not the speed of the hydraulics be a part of your decision.

I would go with the rig that you feel the most comfortable with and the dealer you feel most comfortable with. I always hate sales people that bad mouth other products.

murph

/ L3430/4410/TC35D Loader Cycle Time ??? #10  
I don't think your going to have to worry about any of the compacts having hydraulics that are "too fast". I have yet to ever encounter that. Besides, it's very easy to slow down any hydraulic system simply by reducing the RPM or feathering the control. Let me know if you ever run into one thats to fast, it's one I'll want to consider. Rat...