L3430 block heater

/ L3430 block heater #1  

jeffgreef

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmall, Gibson, Windolph, Simar, Bear Cat, Vaughan, Howard
Help me out, Kubota gurus;

Bought a block heater for my 2003 L3430 GST, but I guess I got the wrong one. Part I got is 70000-73595. It is the type that pushes in with O ring seal. Instructions say to instal on front of cyl. head, but not possible because water pump is in the way. I knocked out the middle freeze plug on the block, no room for the heater element to fit inside.

So- what do I need- one of the type that threads into a sleeve, which itself is a push fit into the freeze block hole? Other possibilities? Got a part number?

Thanks- Jeff G

/ L3430 block heater #4  
Watch out. The water jacket might be an issue. A few years ago someone drilled too far and had a huge problem. Just saying.

/ L3430 block heater
Watch out. The water jacket might be an issue. A few years ago someone drilled too far and had a huge problem. Just saying.

Wow! Did they drill thru the freeze plug and then thru the jacket? Slight error in judgement!

/ L3430 block heater #6  
Wow! Did they drill thru the freeze plug and then thru the jacket? Slight error in judgement!
Drilled through the cylinder and piston. It was a nice detailed read and for sure a lot of pain for the owner to get it back running. That's why you find those warnings on block heater questions.