L35 3pt Dimensions

/ L35 3pt Dimensions #1  

SLOBuds

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L35
I'm going to the salvage yard this weekend, where 'Steve' guarantees that he has all of the parts for my missing 3pt hitch assembly.

Can anyone provide a couple of dimensions to me just for a sanity check?

I'd like to know the length of the lower link. And the length of the fixed-length lift bar (on left side).

It would also be nice if I could get some type of numbers for the adjustable lift bar, and the toplink. I guess these would be more like ranges.

If anyone could measure these for me I would be truely appreciative. The tractor is some 250 miles away from the salvage yard, so it's going to be a hassle for me to go back and forth experimenting with various sizes, etc., if that becomes necessary. 'Steve' believes he can do this blindly ... but I'd feel better if I had these measurements to go with.

Thanks

/ L35 3pt Dimensions #2  
Greetings,
I'll try to get some pics and measurements tonight if I remember.
My hoe is on the tractor so the parts are laying in the shop for easy pics!

/ L35 3pt Dimensions
Thanks Joe. The Kubota parts manual shows the parts, and shows the part numbers, but no dimensions of course. I asked dealers if they have access to dimension information - no they don't.

If Kubota even has a customer service number, most likely they would not be too anxious to tell me dimensions if I'm going out to buy aftermarket or salvage.

Thanks again. It will be a great help to me.

/ L35 3pt Dimensions #4  
Greetings,
Here you go:
l3501.jpg

The lift arms are made of 2 1/2" x 3/4" bar stock.

l3502.jpg

29" approximately from center to center when measured along the lift arm - the lift strut attaches at approximately 11 3/4" from center of front mounting hole.

l3503.jpg

The "fixed" lift strut has holes at just a tad under 17", 17 3/4" and 18 1/2" - the other end of the tape is in the center of the top hole but is closer to the ground than the arm so that's why it looks like is is short of the center - things just didn't want to co-operate.

l3504.jpg

This is a shot of the stabalizer for the side-to-side limit. There is a shackle assembly that goes on the front and attaches to the tractor. The shackle pin is approximately 1/2" in diameter and about 1 1/2" from pin hole to the part that goes thru the part in the picture.

Hope this helps!

/ L35 3pt Dimensions #6  
Greetings,
Cool beans.....glad I could help - long distance!

/ L35 3pt Dimensions
Well, it was a long weekend. A trip down to Santa Ana (35 miles), then up to Arroyo Grande (250 miles) with a used box scraper in the back of my Ford Ranger, then messing around trying to get the bh off, then setting the box scraper onto the L35 (involving a bit of temporary bailing wire), then a trip to Corona for dinner with my kids (230 miles) then home to San Pedro (40 miles).

It will definitely be nice to get back to work tomorrow, for the rest!

I bought a good salvage linkage assembly from the nice folks in Santa Ana, who also sold me this awesome box scraper. Linkage was mostly Kubota, but toplink is aftermarket. The scraper has Kubota name and color and part number and is fabulous - looks like an industrial grade Gearmore. 66" wide, 1/2" sideplates, hydraulic rippers. It looks exactly like a Gearmore 2G2-66, except with 1/2" sideplates. I'm very happy with the implement and the favorable pricing.

My wife and I took it real slow just to get a feel of the machine. Nothing that I worried about happened. There really wasn't any rust freeze on the bh parts. The PTO worked first time. The raising levers operated just fine. A little bit jerkey.

The tractor does not have any added hydraulics, so I am looking into a 3 spindle arrangement for Top and Tilt, plus the hydraulic scarcifier.

Managed not to tip over or run over the dogs on our first runs. A success!

Thanks

/ L35 3pt Dimensions #8  
SLOBuds said:
Wow - thanks!

I'll let you know how my shopping spree turns out this Saturday.

A recent poster got a quote for the smaller version Kubota TLB B21, and the new price was $700!!

/ L35 3pt Dimensions #9  
When you figure out how to add your extra hydraulic valve be sure to post on it. I'm looking at doing the same thing, probably hooking into the BH hoses with a dual valve from Northern tool that others have used on this forum. Since I would not use the extra valves when the BH is on I would probably just use quick couplers for the valve block when I need it.

/ L35 3pt Dimensions
I will post what I come up with Steve, but the plan now is to purchase the Gearmore kit. I saw a couple of sketches and it looked easy enough to do. They build each kit for the specific tractor. It includes all parts, including hoses, and instructions.

Taking a look at the other posts here I got the impression that I would need to do some more extensive research and education if I tried to assemble all the parts myself and get it right. Even with the kit I will probably need to ask a couple of questions. But at least it sounds doable to me in kit form.