L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes #11  
Keuka,

Take the QA hose and connect it to your aftermarket valve stack P port (pump/supply) - you can have as many valves/circuits as needed. The valve(s) must be open center type and able to handle 11 GPM flow at rated engine speed and 3000 PSI rated pressure.

The power beyond (PB) port or the return from the stack then has to be plumbed where the QA hose normally connects on the tractor.

What is the QA hose? There is one hose back there on the stock L35.

OK, a dumb question as I think about it here. Just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. Does QA mean 'quick attach'?

When you say that it has to handle 11gpm, is it best to buy a valve rated at 11 gpm, or is it just necessary for the valve to handle that at a minimum? Same question for the psi?

Thanks.

I toyed with this a few years back and just couldn't find the time to get the project done. As you say, at least in theory, the project looks straight forward. But there is some thought that needs to go into plumbing all the lines and careful planning about line routings. I recall someone on TBN who measured very carefully more than once and had to re-do the lines because they were fabricated to his specified length, which was wrong.

There are posts that show good places to put the new stack so it doesn't get in your way. Those would be good to review.

I think that someone ran some hard lines, which sounded interesting to me at the time and maybe ends up with a cleaner installation - if you have 3 spools you end up with lots and lots of hose running all over the place. Your L35 looks like it's eating spaghetti. :D

But one more thing is that after reading all kinds of stuff and talking to a couple of folks, I actually kind of re-evaluated what I needed. This was a process of looking at how I use my L35 and assessing if all 3 valves of a TNT are needed. So I went back and forth but kind of determined that if I took the effort to do one valve I might as well do 3. The valves are not cheap and you might conclude something else.

My L35 is a workhorse. I am a big fan of the TLB series.

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes
Martin,
Let me try to foreward what I've learned. If I make a mistake, I hope someone will jump in and correct me.

I tried to purchase a three spool remote kit for the model L35, through a Kubota dealer. The dealer checked with Kubota and the L35 remote valve kit is no loner available. Thus, after market is the deal. However, it looks like our model L35 is not too complicated a do-it-yourself project.

When you remove the backhoe, there are two flexable lines that need to be disconnected. One line stays with the tractor, the other line stays with the backhoe. After the backhoe is removed, the hose that stays with the tractor is connected to a return port where the other hose was disconnected from. We need to insert an "open center" valve stack between this tractor hose and return port. In my case, I'm going with a three spool, open center valve stack.

The inlet end of the inserted valve is the tractor hose and we need to fabricate an outlet line from the inserted valve to the return port. This system is in series and comes off the power beyond port of the front end loader. Since it's in series, we will not need to add a preasure relief valve. The existing preasure relief valve covers the new spool valve. We also switch the flow divert lever to hitch.

Another suggestion was to consider one or more check valves in the control valve or individual discharge lines, to prevent cylinder bleed off. The number and location will depend on the valve type and manufacturer. You can even elect to insert inline check valves. This will prevent your back blade, etc. from drifting out of adjustment, do to cylinder bleed off.

The plumbing will be dictated by where you locate the control valve. I've yet to determine where I'm going to mount mine but I'm leaning toward the upright on the ROPs.

I was going to send this on your email but thought I'd post it so someone with more knowledge could correct me. I'm thinking of going with a local supplier so if I screw up, I've got someone to talk to.

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes #13  
I have a Kubota L-39 and just 2 weeks ago added the Kubota remote.I live in Costa Rica but bought the remote from a Dealer in Louisiana. Evergreen Tractors. There are 3 hoses that attach to the remote. These 3 hoses hook up to lines that supply your bachhoe. On my tractor you have 3 disconnects a white, red and a blue. The kit comes with instructions you do have to remove the fender and tire on that side because I first tried to reach everything without and could not get wrenches on every fitting.The project took less than 1 hr to do once I took tire off. Good luck.

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes #14  
I have a Kubota L-39 and just 2 weeks ago added the Kubota remote.I live in Costa Rica but bought the remote from a Dealer in Louisiana. Evergreen Tractors. There are 3 hoses that attach to the remote. These 3 hoses hook up to lines that supply your bachhoe. On my tractor you have 3 disconnects a white, red and a blue. The kit comes with instructions you do have to remove the fender and tire on that side because I first tried to reach everything without and could not get wrenches on every fitting.The project took less than 1 hr to do once I took tire off. Good luck.

Hey, Cap. I also have an L39 and need to get hyd power up front to an attachment that I made. My problem is that I also need the backhoe stabilizer arms to be functional at the same time. With my operation I would pull the tractor up into position, put down the stabilizers and then get off of the tractor to operate my attachment (a soil sample rig) I would really like to see any documentation on Kubota's aux hyd kit if you are willing to share them. you can email me at: sgrsbc-insurance at yahoo dot com. Thanks in advance.

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes #15  

That is interesting, I did not know that the Kubota kit hooked to the backhoe plumbing on the L39. I guess the down side is you cannot use the remotes and the backhoe at the same time. So if you wanted a hydraulic thumb or auger mounted to the backhoe you would still have to buy the other foot operated hydraulic kit. Would you mind sharing the cost of the kit?

MarkV