Backhoe L35 lost all hydraulics

/ L35 lost all hydraulics #11  
Some Grand Lxx30s had a problem where they could shear the hydraulic pump drive adapter gear not sure if problem for L35.

Do you still have steering?

I guess see if the pumps are turning The Grand Ls have a 2 section pump 1 for power steering and trans and one for loader 3pt and everything else and think some of the TLB had an extra section for backhoe swing.

David

/ L35 lost all hydraulics #12  
Back Again, Loosened output line on pump body and started engine. Oil came out button under any kind of pressure. Removed the pump, which was rather time consuming for a first time attempt. Found splined short shaft thru bearing on cast iron end of pump....not actually part of the pump. Feels like the bearing is shot and splines are nearly gone on both the short shaft and the pump itself. Where do I find either a rebuilt pump or a driven shaft and bearing for pump and short shaft and bearing for end plate? Kubota wants $905 for the pump and Messicks lists the pump at $909.98 and does not list the shafts or bearings....??? Charlie

/ L35 lost all hydraulics #13  
Filters changed every 100 hours since new. I loosened the bolts holding the output line of the pump and started the tractor.....oil poured out slightly but not under any pressure at all. Pulled the pump and found the splines on the pump worn and the internal splines on the drive very worn. The pump looks to have more splines left then the female drive flange. The pump is $925 at local dealer and about $15 less on the internet. It is a Rexel 307002-4610 pump but I cannot find anyone to rebuild or sell parts to it.....I can get one maybe from Europe for about $500 but not sure if there are hidden costs for importing, etc...
I'm wondering if I can replace the drive flange ($65 + Bearing) ....about 3" long, goes thru the mounting plate of the pump and bearing......and maybe wrap the pump shaft with shim material and let it go for awhile.....maybe until I can find a pump shaft to rebuild the pump.
Your thoughts????
Thanks Charlie

/ L35 lost all hydraulics #14  
I know this is an old thread but I just had same issue with my L35. I checked several local places that rebuilt pumps and no one would touch it. I got a new kubota one and paid about what you were quoted from the dealer. My dealer claimed they could get most of the internal parts, but I just decided to get the pump. I would also replace the plastic washers (couplers I believe was the term used) and bolts where the pump joins the shaft coming from the engine. In fact that is the first thing the dealer told me to check before ordering a pump as they break pretty commonly. Also ended up having some trash somewhere down the system as well after installing the pump, and out of frustration I called a local mechanic to find and fix it.