L3750-cab-7642.3 hours

/ L3750-cab-7642.3 hours #1  

gordon

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4310hst-loader-hydraulic top link
I didn't buy my L3750 brand new it had just over 1000hrs on it when I bought it. I had an 8n and was doing some brush-cutting and started doing some small plots of logging. The 8n just wasn't big enough anymore--time to upgrade.
Found this 3750 with a cab and front end loader pretty cheap and was sooooo clean. The old owner let me put a couple of hours on the tractor to test it out a very outstanding man. I still keep in touch with him to this day.
My friends gave me a hard time about buying a jap mobile until they found out what she would do. When I first get something I always have to find out its limits and I sure did that. These a just a few of the problems in the 6000 hrs that I put on it.
First day bent the top of the bucket in about six inches--mental note don't hit a 24" stump in 6th gear. Welded channel Iron across top and added plate steel to sides of bucket also added Hooks for pulling on bucket.
Next few hundred hours pretty uneventful seal blew out on cyl on bucket--rebuilt both bucket lift cyl's.
Skidding logs front tire got lodged between log and ditch bent steering linkage--straightened
2" limb went thru rear sidewall of tire---ruined
left door open on cab and backed up got caught in rear tire door sprung and lower window broken out---used torch to straight door never replaced glass in winter I use a piece of plywood to help keep the heat in.
smoking and bad fuel gph had injector pump rebuilt and all injectors redone.
Lift cly's on bucket dripping---rebuilt both
Log fell on bucket lift cyl bent it had to be replaced
Clutch bad ---split tractor and had to be replaced
tractor wouldn't move $1.50 roll pin broken this has happened three times the good thing is its in the front half of the trans.
Bent housing on hydaulinc filter---replaced and added plate steel for a belly pan across bottom of tractor.
pto loose and leaking ---replaced bearing and seal
waxed tractor for good luck
cables for loader wore out from cab joystick to hyd valve---replaced
rebuilt spool valve springs weak
cable end broke off at joystick---welded
bottom of bucket wore out---new plate steel and rereinforced
log rolled back and broke out headlights---useless with loader anyway--installed heavy screen and painted in place of lights added heavy duty face guard
chain broke---broke out rear window ---replaced window
rear axle seal leaking ---replaced
front knuckle seal leaking ----replaced both
front driveshaft loose had to replace spline end and bearing to much slop.
brakes getting weak---replaced to be safe
blower moter locked up in cab heater needs to be replaced
its on the to do list
two lights broken one taillight tree jumped out while I was backing up/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
headlight broken treelimb whipped on it

These are some of the highlights of the good years of service that she has given me. Each line above has it's own story. I know I left out quite a few items but these are some of the problems I've had.
Fact you can bury a four wheel drive tractor in the mud but that is for another page the page of dumb moves, well a few things that got broken may have been from dumb moves.
Have fun and be safe I was called a sissy the other day why--because I always wear my seatbelt I have never rolled a tractor but I never have fallen out either. Oh yea the door lock is broken part is on order for now all I have is a bungie cord to hold door shut. Rigid flexabilty thats what I say./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Kubotas are tough as nails and that is no joke believe me I have run the heck out of this one and she still comes back for more./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ L3750-cab-7642.3 hours #2  
Great post, Gordon. Thanks! That's one tough tractor. The good news is that I don't think yours is unusual - except in the fact that it's had a chance to show how tough it really is.

Mark

/ L3750-cab-7642.3 hours
next time someone makes fun of your orange just tell them this---chew tabacco chew tabacco chew tabacco--spit if you aint runnin a Kubota you aint runnin ---- well you can fill in the blank

And of course I've replaced hoses misc fittings cables and such those were a few of the things that stick in my mind.
The dollar and fifty cent roll pin really irks me but better than a few hundred dollars.
Sent it into the shop a month ago for a leak at the front of the trans they replaced the seal got it back and within two hours it was leaking again. I called the service dept and the manager said its like surgery sometimes you dont get it all the first time. I told him the difference between a mech and a dr is a dr buries his mistakes but a mech has a comeback now please fix it correctly and at no charge because I've already paid once./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ L3750-cab-7642.3 hours #4  
I just gota know, how long have you had it???
RICH

/ L3750-cab-7642.3 hours #5  
They say the main difference between a mechanic and a surgeon is that a mechanic washes his hands before he uses the bathroom.

Mark

/ L3750-cab-7642.3 hours
Ten years but I will have to check the paperwork to be sure its been a long time thats for sure.
Hay Rich sure I couldn't interest you in a slightly used L3750--she has already been woods tested and has just a couple scraches on her.
Trade you even up for that new tractor your getting that way you don't have to worry about scraching it(the new tractor that is). /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ L3750-cab-7642.3 hours #7  
gordon - thanks for the fascinating post. At the rate I use my tractor I would be 90 before I hit 7500 hours, and with my family history of heart disease there isn't much chance of that! I think Kubota should GIVE you your choice of any 2000 model tractor in trade for yours, then they should tear it down to the last bearing, bolt, and shim to autopsy it (what a great opportunity to learn how your engineering works out in the real world), then bolt her back together and put her on display at corporate headquarters. 7600 hours... I wonder how many times those pistons went up and down in their lives???

/ L3750-cab-7642.3 hours
They can't tear it down yet I still have to use it until I decide on a new tractor and she still runs strong. Taxi tested tough and then some. I will either have to sell it or trade it in on the new tractor. So tearing it down is out of the question and Kubota may look at this board and they probly do but surely won't admit it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Paul your kids will get alot of use out of your tractor once you turn 90 and go into the old folks home, telling stories how you had a tough little orange tractor.
It will be a sad day when she goes thats for sure. But all good things must come to an end. My wife has even said that I love that tractor more than her---not true at all---.
I never would have believed that when I bought that tractor it would have held up so well. I haven't gone easy on it thats for sure. Some people even say I run the tar out of her, but thats why I bought it and it still comes back for more. All that on DINO oil but I do keep it changed thats the key for long life and a diesel clean filters all the way around.
Now if Kubota wanted to get rid of a L4610 in trade for mine I think I could go for that as long as the new tractor had a loader on it that is./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Gordon

/ L3750-cab-7642.3 hours #9  
When dogs fly Gordon When dogs fly. I had my starter tractor thank you. My ford had about 1800 hrs. on it when I got it now about 2300 hrs. bought it back in 1993 so IM not to hard on them. But I sure can hardly wait!!/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ L3750-cab-7642.3 hours
Well I must say this about my dealer after the seal was still leaking and they took the tractor back to re-fix the problem. I sold my 2350 in the same time glad to sell it but now only the old 8n. I kept calling and checking on the status of the tractor and of course its spring and every dealer is super busy. The service manager reviewed my folder --she has only been there for a few months and is doing her best--. She said that she was sorry and this was their mistake and they will send a loaner tractor at no charge until my tractor is fixed.
Got the loaner a B20 a nice little tractor took some time to get used to the HST but this really changed the way I thought about time saved doing loader work.
So I was using the backhoe and heard a snap it was one of the backhoe t-handle mounts the other come to find out was already broken. So I went to the dealer got the two new t-handle mounting bolts for the tractor. Pulled the hoe off and drilled and tapped one hole last night and did the other tonight now I'm back in the loaner tractor at least.
Today the wife called me at work the dealer sent a truck to pick up the loaner.
I called the dealer and they said it was a mistake so the driver used our phone to call the dealer --5 bosses you know-- The driver tells the dealer he has the damn backhoe off and is working on the tractor. I would have liked to see the drivers eyes when he saw the loaner ripped apart.
So now they still have not started on my L3750 but at least the dealer stepped up to the plate by giving me a loaner to keep up with some of my work. The salesman is mad at me because no one gets loaner tractors and especially one of his used tractors.
I guess it helps not to get mad at the dealer and look from the other side of the street. I always try to treat people like I want to be treated and am always very polite when dealing with people. Maybe this is the reason for the loaner tractor this I will never know but at least they are trying to do right and this makes me feel alittle better.
I did tell the salesman that I would trade him evenup the L3750 for the B20 but he wouldn't bite. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Some of the fun and times of tractor owning I guess.
Gordon