L3750-cab-backhoe

/ L3750-cab-backhoe #1  

gordon

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4310hst-loader-hydraulic top link
I have a L3750 with a cab and am considering a backhoe attachment. Does anyone have any ideas which models are compatable with this tractor? What are some of the strengths and weakness of the different models available? I dont want to loose my cab--I'll buy another tractor first or do without---Thanks for any help with this question

/ L3750-cab-backhoe
Frame or 3pt backhoe

Let me ask this---what are some of the strenghs and weaknesses of the different backhoes. Also 3 pt versus frame, in the long run is a 3 point really worth the money? Thanks for any help

/ L3750-cab-backhoe #3  
Gordon,

I have last years (4/99) Grand L brochure and it specifically states that the BL4690/BL4560 are for ROPS tractors only. These are 3pt hitch mounted backhoes.

Steve Carver also explains on his web site that with the cab there is no room for the backhoe operator's seat.

This is just from my research, not actual experience. In fact I've only seen one 3pt backhoe (brief walkby at dealer) and have never operated one.

I wonder how these backhoes compare with "real" ones, which I have played with.

Patrick

/ L3750-cab-backhoe
Thanks for the info I was just kicking the idea around and you are right only a frame mount will work. For the time being I'm going to wait because by the end of the year if all goes well I will be upgrading to a newer tractor. This one is needing a good rest I've used her hard.
Gordon