Buying Advice L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #21  
   / L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #22  
I just looked on Tractor House.com CASE IH 245, Used CASE IH 245, CASE IH 245 For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Page 1
There are four Case 245 tractors for sale. You could buy all four for $16,000, and you would be set for life. They would last forever and never need maintenance.:thumbsup:

Best advise so far! :thumbsup:

Caseman, now I'm really interested the this 11k hr, no oil change, 21 hp work horse of a tractor.

How many hrs per week ya think ya put on it? And for how many years?

Lift more than the L3800?

Pull a 7' mower?

I needs to know man!

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #23  
I also think much of this sounds fishy...

before forking over for a new tractor, wouldnt you first confirm that it will run your 7 ft mower?

lots more to deal with on this thread, but lets start there.:thumbsup:

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR
29k wholly crap around pa u can get a 7040 for 30k fel 4wd dt tranny

i called dealer today they offer 3k less then i payed for the tractor what do u guys think to me its to much maybe a grand to 1200

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #26  
i called dealer today they offer 3k less then i payed for the tractor what do u guys think to me its to much maybe a grand to 1200

I think I would take some of the suggestions, load the tires ect. and give it another try.
Or you could sell it outright and buy the four Case 245s.:thumbsup:

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #27  
how many acres do you mow with the 7 footer...
why not get a 6 footer and make a few extra passes?
what are you lifting with the fel that it cannot handle?

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #28  
When I had the 2010 L3400HST, I though the FEL was powerful enough for the chassis and weight, in fact without loaded tires and a good ballast (I used 750 lbs) on the 3pt, it is downright scary. Like has been said, put some ballast on and load the tires, and go again.. If it is still weak, either buy the guage and connector/hose, and measure the relief pressure, or have the dealer do it. It should be about 2347. If it is significanty less there are several threads on here on how to shim the relief to raise the pressure. Some have went over that pressure, but do so at your own risk.

James K0UA

i moved bout 30 ton of millings i 5 foot rake on back i had bucket an inch off ground i backed up the hill

scary bring back end up 30inches on a compact when i was 11 i was trying to move stumps that weighted 3000 ibs as far has getting bigger tractor idk yet