L39 hard at work (Photo's)

/ L39 hard at work (Photo's) #11  
mike69440 said:
That 10’ hoe is amazing. Not as fast or as versatile as an excavator, but for the size of the machine, wow!

I wish I had a 4 in bucket as well as the grapple.

Mike, looks like you bent your cutting edge a tad. ;)

Those pictures bring back L35/L39 memories, but this new (used) Case made me forget them quickly! ;)

I think you'd really like a nice full size Deere/Case/Cat B/H.

/ L39 hard at work (Photo's) #12  
Mike,

Can you detail (or show pics) of how you plumbed the accumulator? Also, where did you find the device?

Thanks

/ L39 hard at work (Photo's)
RFB said:
Mike,

Can you detail (or show pics) of how you plumbed the accumulator? Also, where did you find the device?

Thanks

My dealer plumbed with a tee into the metal line off the main pump. Then he ran a short line of hydraulic hose to the accumulator. I intially had problems as the pulsing worked the hose fittings loose. This happened 3 times until they figured how to run the hose so it would not work itself loose. No Photos as it is far tucked under the frame. Do a Google on hydraulic accumulators. Hydac is one. There are many others. You want one good for at least 3500 PSI and 16 oz capacity. NPT or 8AN or 10AN connections. I did not get a rebuildable. Anything bigger than 4.5" diameter x 9 or 10" long is not going to fit under frame & you do not want it exposed! Precharge at 2500 psi Nitrogen.

Last edited:
   / L39 hard at work (Photo's)
Builder said:
Mike, looks like you bent your cutting edge a tad. ;)

Those pictures bring back L35/L39 memories, but this new (used) Case made me forget them quickly! ;)

I think you'd really like a nice full size Deere/Case/Cat B/H.

Right now yes and a dump truck and a D8 dozer.

Later I think the L39 is the Swiss Army Knike I want. Just hope the blade stays sharp.

The bucket will get beat up more this year. I will get it reinfoced this winter or sooner. The top tube is getting beat up.

I dropper about a 100 pound rock on one of the curl cylinders today. It slid off the back of the bucket. No dent, paint fixed it, but I have to be real careful with the excavator. A big rock will cream the hood or hydraulics.

Attachments

• L39_Rock_w_Barn&Trailer#1P_6-24-07JPG.jpg
    L39_Rock_w_Barn&Trailer#1P_6-24-07JPG.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 228
  • L39_Rock_#2P_6-24-07JPG.jpg
    L39_Rock_#2P_6-24-07JPG.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 213