L39 on turf?

/ L39 on turf? #1  

Xtra

I own a tree service company and I'm thinking about buying a L39 to move logs, mulch, etc. I would be using the tractor on residential lawns.
My main questions is how rough is it on turf?
(I wasn't sure with the weight of the LTB and the R4's)

My other choice was a NH TC40DA with supersteer and turf tires.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

/ L39 on turf? #2  
Almost any tractor will have a detrimental effect on lawns depending on how many times you drive over the same spot as well as how wet/moist the lawn is. I had very little depression with my old L48. I did not have a hoe but did have loaded tires and a 1000 lb box scraper and a 1600 lb landscape rake at various times. The JD 110 is availlable with heavy ply turfs.

/ L39 on turf? #3  
I have a new L39. If your turf is wet and you have the backhoe on the tractor, you will cause some damage. The TLB weighs almopst 7000 lbs.

Jon

/ L39 on turf? #4  
I agree. With the hoe on, it will do a lot of basically permanent damage. In the areas of my lawn where I drove is moist conditions, it will likely take a decade to repair itself. The machine is very heavy and will compress ruts into any soft soils. The JD 110 will do the same, if not worse damage as it weighs nearly 1,000 lbs more with similar industrial tires.

A pitch fork will work to lift the severely compacted soil if necessary. 2 WD will also help to minimize turf grinding, but soil compaction is the primary problem. -I have heard of people lowering the pressure in their tires to help minimize this. An on-board compressor would be cool. Sort of like a military Humvee /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ L39 on turf?
Thanks for all the replies.
Well, at least it will do less damage than the skid steer I occasionally use.
A friend was trying to talk me into a L48, but that's even more weight. I think I'll go with the L39 and tread lightly.
I noticed my local dealer still has a L39 on his lot, I'll need to talk to him tomorrow . . . . /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ L39 on turf? #6  
I see industrials go across dry lawns a few times OK, it all depends on conditions. I had a CAT hoe come by my place and do some work. It weighed in at about 23,000 lbs. Very little damage but the soil was dry.