L39 thumb

/ L39 thumb #1  

The Gardener

Gold Member
Can a new L39 be fitted with a Kubota hydraulic thumb ???

When comparing the B26 to the L39, is the L39 in a different TLB class, overall?

Beyond the spec comparisons, I am trying to determine if the job(s) they handle are typically different, or does the L39 merely handle the same type of jobs faster?

Might anyone know the approximate cost of each ?

Thanks,
The Gardener

/ L39 thumb #2  
TG,

The present L39 does not have a thumb anchor bracket on the dipperstick and there is no kit available from Kubota - for now. There may be fixed thumb kits in the aftermarket.

The B26 is 26 gross engine HP with a hydro transmission, the loader is rated at 500KG (1100#) and the backhoe is an 8 foot 2" dig depth.

The L39 is 39 gross engine HP, the loader is rated at 1000 kg(2200 lbs) and the backhoe has a dig depth of 10 feet.

List for a B26 TLB is $23,454 and list for a L39TLB is $37,180.

I hope this helps

/ L39 thumb
It does. Thank You!

I have concluded that the B26 is the correct size for our expected use. I will continue to hire out jobs that appear too big, too complicated, and/or too time consuming allowing the B26 to handle clean-up duties in those instances.

As for the hydraulic thumb, for me, that is the most desired feature. I have so many anticipated needs for a thumb. Having used one, I have to have one from here on out.

I am somewhat surprised that the L39 and the BX24 do not offer a hydraulic thumb by now. Automobiles, HT processors, etc. are notorious for adding new features to existing models.

Is it too complicated of an addition to add a hydraulic thumb at this juncture?

:The Gardener

/ L39 thumb #4  
The list on the B26 is actually $31,514 but I was recently quoted $27,000 without the thumb.