L39 Trailer Requirements

/ L39 Trailer Requirements #1  

tractorlogger

Tractor
Landini 7860
Could someone please tell me what the MINIMUM length would be for a trailer to haul an L39 with the hoe on??

I want to have a dump trailer that will also move the machine and on which the sides will be removeable and hinge down....

Thanks

/ L39 Trailer Requirements #2  
It takes at least an 18' trailer to haul my L2800 with loader and rear shredder. This would be about the same length of load as with the loader and back-hoe.

Your load would weigh in at about 3,800-4,200 pounds. A 2" ball is rated at 5,000 pounds. Depending on the state requirements, you may have to have electric brakes and at least two 5/16" or 3/8" side to side chains with chain breaks.

/ L39 Trailer Requirements #3  
Most dump trailers are not that big. A tandem axle trailer with two 3,500lb axles will give you a maximum load capacity of about 6,000lbs (less the weight of the trailer). This is the equivalent weight of about 2-1/2 cubic yards of sand at 2,200/cu yd. For this kind of load, you would probably get about a 12' dump trailer with 24" sides. A dump trailer big enough to cary your L39 and hoe would probably be a tripple axle trailer and be a gooseneck and not bumper pull. I have seen those for around $7-8k.

Granted, there are loads to carry that are much lighter than sand or rock but the trailers will be engineered for the heavy loads.

/ L39 Trailer Requirements #4  
My guess would be a 18-20' 10K trailer with brakes on both axles. It depends on what your L39 TLB weighs. If over 5K you'll need the 10K trailer. If your TLB package is under 5K you could probably use a 7K trailer since the trailer would weigh about 2K by itself.