L3902 very tippy what am I missing?

/ L3902 very tippy what am I missing? #21  
... It may or may not make sense but loaded tires aren’t really counter balance for heavy weight in the end loader but they do help with stability.

No it does not make sense, since any weight behind the front axle will help keep the rear tires on the ground when using the loader.

As for side to side stability, my guess is that the extra weight does help, but wheel spacers would help more for that. BUT not add much if anything to keep the rear wheels on the ground with loader work.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / L3902 very tippy what am I missing? #22  
The loaded tires don’t really help with front axle loading because the weight is in the tires. Once it starts to pick the rear tires up the loaded tires then help. I read that on this forum years ago and did some research and found it to be true. Loaded tires are a good thing in another way, the tractor doesn’t really carry the load, it’s all in the tires, in other words the rear axle doesn’t see the weight.

/ L3902 very tippy what am I missing? #23  
Not to butt in too much here but any weight aft of the fulcrum (which is the front axle) DOES MATTER. Helping with 'front axle loading' wasn't the topic here but rather counterbalance front/rear to keep the rear end firmly on the ground. The loaded tires are weight aft of the front axle and the mechanical leverage does not know or care if it is liquids or rubber or steel. I agree with Henro in all regards in his Post # 21... "any weight behind the front axle will help keep the rear tires on the ground when using the loader."

/ L3902 very tippy what am I missing? #24  
Cut a fifty gallon drum run a rod threw it for 3point of course a little beefing up maybe required then put
Dirt sand or cement in it when just running loader made mine with cement

/ L3902 very tippy what am I missing? #25  
FWIW, I bought a MX5200 that came with R4 tires because I needed the extra HP to mow with. It feels like there is a huge difference in stability between it and my L2501. Trying additional weight may be the most affordable solution to see if you can get comfortable, but the MX seems more stable than my L2501, IMPO.
I have a MX6000 with liquid ballast in the rear wheels, R4 tires set to wide position, and either my 6’ rotary cutter or 8’ rear blade as ballast when lifting heavy loader buckets or pallets. I’ve never had a stability issue with this set up. However, I wouldn’t lift anything heavy without a heavy implement for ballast in addition to the filled tires.

Last edited: