L3940 Loader Joystick "stuck"?

/ L3940 Loader Joystick "stuck"? #1  

FakeFarmer

Tractor
L3940HST
Hey,

Have a new-to-me L3940. Going to have a loader put on here in the next few weeks. Was playing with the loader joystick and it feels stuck, like it can't move. I've played with the valve lock and it doesn't change. Should the valve feel immobile when there's nothing hooked up to the loader hydraulics, or do I need to take a look at the linkages?

/ L3940 Loader Joystick "stuck"? #2  
Not stuck in the far forward ‘float’ position?

/ L3940 Loader Joystick "stuck"? #4  
I'm not able to move it left/right at all. It feels like there's a little more play forward/back, but not much.

Pulled the rubber cover back, tried to demonstrate.
Any chance the safety Lockout lever is on or frozen? I couldn’t tell from the photo.

I don’t have a loader installed but if I manipulate the loader stick it will strain the engine a bit.

/ L3940 Loader Joystick "stuck"?
Any chance the safety Lockout lever is on or frozen? I couldn’t tell from the photo.

I don’t have a loader installed but if I manipulate the loader stick it will strain the engine a bit.

The safety lockout does seem rather stuck as well. I imagine unbolting around the seat would let me get back there and fuss with that linkage directly?

/ L3940 Loader Joystick "stuck"? #6  
My non-mechanical/old age wisdom suggestion/advice would be to not mess with anything until you get the loader on and see if there’s definitely something wrong with it.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR