L3940 rear hydraulics

/ L3940 rear hydraulics #1  

cj sudhop

Tractor
Kubota GL3940
I need to add rear hydraulics to my L3940 to operate an old John Deere trailer type 2 bottom plow. I'm pretty handy... Is this something I can do myself, or should I let the dealer handle it? Also, what can I expect to pay for the parts, and/or installation? Thanks for your help.

/ L3940 rear hydraulics #2  
I just had a center closed rear remote added to my L3940. Parts and installation was $426 plus tax. I do not know how hard or easy it is to install, but they had it done in 1/2 a day. The kit comes with one set of male connectors. I have a total of two rear remotes now. One for the hydraulic top link, one for my blade angle (or other uses). Philip.

/ L3940 rear hydraulics #3  
You might have better luck in the General Forums under the hydraulics section. My L5030 came with one set and I am going to get a second set installed this winter; don't have time to do without it and my knowledge of hydraulics is minimal at best. Good luck.

/ L3940 rear hydraulics #4  
I need to add rear hydraulics to my L3940 to operate an old John Deere trailer type 2 bottom plow. I'm pretty handy... Is this something I can do myself, or should I let the dealer handle it? Also, what can I expect to pay for the parts, and/or installation? Thanks for your help.

I guess it really depends if you want to use Kubota parts or do a real DIY. Kubota parts are $$$$$ and DIY is about half. I researched it for our HST tractor at Church and it is quite simple once you know where all the lines run. I don't know if your hydraulics are the same as ours, but you may want to try the Hydraulics section like TripleR suggested. There is plenty of information there. Good luck.

/ L3940 rear hydraulics
Thanks for the replies. I spoke with the dealer and he recommended I install the valve with the float position. That seeemed to make sense for applications other than using the plow. I think I'm going to let the dealer install it this time.