L4060 Road Performance

/ L4060 Road Performance #11  
Im going to guess that its reading kph instead of mph. all the kubotas come from the factory reading kph and its up to the dealer or owner to switch em. the machine i ran read 22 as the top speed until a kubota mechanic switched it. unfortunately it says it tops out at 15mph now which is 3mph slower than the l3540 that i used to run. i guess i should check it with the gps though.

/ L4060 Road Performance #12  
I actually took notice to the speedometer today while moving hay. 17-18 MPH with a round bale on the highway. Some may consider it slow but I know for a fact it's a hecka lot faster than the l3200 so I can't complain.

/ L4060 Road Performance #13  
I actually took notice to the speedometer today while moving hay. 17-18 MPH with a round bale on the highway. Some may consider it slow but I know for a fact it's a hecka lot faster than the l3200 so I can't complain.

That is pretty dang fast.

/ L4060 Road Performance #14  
That is pretty dang fast.
First time I've looked at the speedo while in high range. I pulled two steep hills and it never dropped below 15mph with a round bale of hay. I only use high range when I travel down the road to retrieve hay.

/ L4060 Road Performance
Im going to guess that its reading kph instead of mph
No, I already moved it to MPH.

/ L4060 Road Performance #16  
Our friends about a mile up the road have an L3200 (3 Speed HST). It is a real dog roading or otherwise, even compared to my underpowered, heavier +8000 lb. ballasted L39.
(The fuel screw on L39 turned up a bit, but it is still only a 40 HP tractor.)
HST+ and more power really help because another friend's L45 moves just fine.
PS: The max speed on my L39 is 16mph indicated, and drops just below 6 mph on steep grades. My little #3000 lb Max 28 shuttle will hold 8 mph on same hill, but only tops out a bit over 11mph.
Weight vs. HP.

Last edited: