L4150 value

/ L4150 value #1  

loesshillsruss

Tractor
Kubota L4150
Guys,
I dunno nuthin about Kubota's so I need help. I've been looking for a used 4x4 compact, and dealer just traded for a L4150 w 900 series loader. Has 3000 hours, & HydroShuttle. He wants $9000 which sounds good if it isn't shot. I will just use it to remove underbrush and put in a couple roads, maybe add a finish mower later. And the dealer says he needs to know by Tuesday noon as he has a wholesaler who wants it bad. Any help, advice, caution or anything would be appreciated.
Thx,
Russ

/ L4150 value #2  
Again I guess I should keep my mouth shut as I do not own one yet. In my defense I am going to the dealer tomorrow. Not sure which one but I will have one on order by Thursday. Anyway 3000 hours equals almost a half a year of continous running. All that to save a little more than half the cost of new? I know Kubotas are good but thats still alot of hours on any machine. I have pretty much knocked used out of the picture due to the high resale values. If it has under 150 hours on it they want more than a new one would cost with the rebate. Not knocking the used guys they are just selling them at the wrong time. Anyway to get more of a break on the price the hours go up. Back to your tractor when you think that a tractor is going all-ba**s-to-the-wall working thats got to add up to something major happening soon. Have you looked at the smaller botas? For me I am going new just for the trouble free seat time. Might as well spend it while I can enjoy it. Anyway I am no expert by any means just my ideas on the subject and I think thats what your looking for. Either way good luck and let us know what you decide on.

/ L4150 value #3  
Around this board (calling it that lets you know how long I've been here) I'm one of the people who thinks the L4150 is one of Kubota's best tractors ever, period. It is heavy, strong, powerful and built in a way they simply have not continued to do because it was too expensive.

The L4150 (and L3750 at the time) was based on what they refered to internally as the L3 chassis. If you look close, you'll notice its even a bit more rugged than the new M4900/M5700. These tractors were intended to compete with the massive Ag tractors of the time - they'll likely be running forever. Which is a problem if you want to keep selling new ones.

The L4150 has a five-cylinder that's smooth as silk. If this one has had decent maintenance 3000 hours is probably only about a third of it's life.

In about 1990, Kubota started painting the L3 the new brighter orange (but didn't change much inside) - the 3 models were L4350, L4850 and L5450 - sold thru 1997 or 1998 when inventories ran out. These and the L4150 are great units - the closer you look the more you'll think they may have been Kubota's finest hour.

Hope this is useful. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif If you buy it I'll tell you about the secret orifice valve for speeding up the hydraulic shuttle shifts.

/ L4150 value #4  
2nd reply - I should have mentioned - the L4150 model was made when the number corresponded to the PTO horsepower - the engine has around 50 gross hp.