L4200DT-GST-C slow harsh shifting

/ L4200DT-GST-C slow harsh shifting #1  

solaman70592

Tractor
Kubota L4200
First off I'd like to say you guys have a great site with invaluable info. I have been on the site off and on the past few months and decided to join so I could say Thank You to all the guys that post info. on here. As this site has saved me money and sleep less nights.
I have an L4200DT-GST-C that I bought last spring, it had just over 1900 hrs on it and looked in pretty decent shape. Had one oil leak (left real axle seal) at the time of purchase which the guy told me about. Well once the cold got here oil started leaking in at least 7 locations, mostly o-rings for the hydraulic system, but also from the 4wd shaft seals in the mid case, and also where the mid case and the transmission mate, where the transmission and differential mate and where the break housing mate.
I decided to purchase a Loader for my new toy and before I installed the Loader I decided to pull the cab and split the tractor and reseal all the mating surfaces as well as replace the clutch assembly. My first mistake was to replace the separator plate between the GST valve body and the GST housing, because when my buddy (who worked on tractors yrs ago) reassembled the GST Assembly he did not notice the 4 o-rings were stuck to the old separator plate so when we reassembled it, and test ran it we had only 50 to 60 psi to the clutch pack. (note there is no parts break down for the GST Assy. for a L4200). So out came the oil and off came the GST Assy. and after disassembly and luckly the o-rings stayed on the separator plate when it got thrown into the trash can. SO back together it went. Now it went into gear but this time it was slow the go into gear and when it did it was harsh, in fact when going into 4th and 5th it would pop the front tires off the ground if the engine was above idle. After reading here and other forums I was about to order a new GST Assy. for $1800. My wife (yes i will give her credit) a parts break down of the GST Assy. for an L35 which is the same Assy. we verified everything was back as it should be.
I then came across a post on here last week about an L2900 with a very slow engage from back in 2010, and forum member Texas Fella mentioned checking the Banjo Bolt for the PTO having an orfice,and that the Banjo Bolt for the Hyd. Pump and GST Assy. did not. Well today I got off work a little early and decided to pull the banjo bolts and inspect them, low and behold when we reassembled the tractor a couple weeks ago, I put the one with the orfice at the outlet of hyd. pump and not at the inlet of the PTO Valve thus causing it to be slow to engage and a harsh engage when it would finally engage.
I'd like to once again Thank Everyone for all the valuable info. and also thank Texas Fella for his post, it sure saved me money, and more sleepless nights.