L4240 upgrades

/ L4240 upgrades #21  
Sounds logical. I was curious because the non adjustable link has three pin holes while the adjustable one only has two.

There are some out there that have the 3 pin locations on the stationary link and only have 1 pin location on the adjustable link.

I almost always try to match the stationary link clevis for the side links that I build. ;)

/ L4240 upgrades
I made the 12 volt power port so it is on all the time, before it would only work with the key on. Now I can hook a battery maintainer through it.

I removed the 20 amp fuse from the fuse box that said "cigar lighter." I got a fuse holder and put the 20 amp fuse in it. I used a scotch lock connector and tapped into the yellow wire(in the back of the fuse box) that went into the cigar lighter hole in the fuse box and the one side of the fuse holder. I used another scotch lock connector to tap into the big red main wire going into the back fuse box and the other side of the fuse holder.

Here is a pic of the back of the fuse box.

20121219201814091.jpg

/ L4240 upgrades
I forgot, I rearranged the hoses on the TNT.

20121219204957821.jpg

/ L4240 upgrades
I added a LED light strip. On with the headlights and flashes the 4 ways.

/ L4240 upgrades
I added a battery mat.

/ L4240 upgrades
I got the step linexed. It feels some much more grippy now. It is a inexpensive upgrade and well worth the money.

/ L4240 upgrades #29  
I like the linex, but am looking at having my son fabricate a better step with a wider platform, would love to have a platform like on our M8540.

/ L4240 upgrades
Thanks. Will the step of a 8540 fit on a grand l?