L4310 HST - Overheating Issue

/ L4310 HST - Overheating Issue #1  

SouthernConservative

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4310 4X4 HST w/LA 681 FEL
During brushcutting with a Rhino SE6, my Kubota L4310 HST took about 45 mins of work to run the tempature to the second white line - the beginning of the RED line - when it boiled into the overflow tank:eek:.

I was working at 2300 RPM (Just below the 2400 where the 540 rpm mark is located.) I checked the rad screen - not much trash in the screen - cleaned it - and the removed the metal side of the engine compartment - waited for it to cool and then I was able to shred brush for about 1 1/2 hours before cleaning the screen out and waiting 20 mins to restart.

I have a total of 10 ac to cut - and it took 8 hours --- should I consider changing out the thermostat? OR the whole tractor;).

As dry as it is here in Central Texas I only shred as needed (twice since April).

Any thoughts would be helpful.

/ L4310 HST - Overheating Issue #2  
I would think the radiator must be plugged with dust. Try flushing it out. When brush cutting I have to stop and blow the radiator out periodically since so much dust is inducted.

/ L4310 HST - Overheating Issue #3  
I would guess a clogged radiator as well. Mine always gets clogged with seeds that need to be cleaned out.

/ L4310 HST - Overheating Issue
Do you think power washing out the rad would help?

/ L4310 HST - Overheating Issue #5  
We use air normally so not to get the chaff wet where it might stick. The last thing we would do is to use water.

There are some companies that are building steel or copper tube blow nozzles that are a couple of foot long which get into the engine compartments easily to blow out the radiators.

Just because you have a screen there doesn't mean that it stops all!

/ L4310 HST - Overheating Issue #6  
Blow radiator out, you must not have any air flow in between the fins, dust, seeds & junk will clog it up.