L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of
IMG_6371.jpeg

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #12  
You can check out the wiring diagram in the workshop manual available at kubotabooks.com
I looked at it, and it appears that a black with white stripe wire connects to the starter solenoid. Is there a male spade connector nearby your wire? Sorry, but that's all I got!

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #13  
The first thing to do is to jump across the solenoid.

I.E. From the positive at the starter to the switched point on the solenoid. It can be done with either a screwdriver, or a short piece of wire.

I've got an older Kubota 4310. Different issues, but it starts right up even without a key.

I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve heard the term solenoid, but I don’t know what one looks like. What would I be looking for, and if I can identify it, then I can definitely follow ur suggestion. Thank u.

I bought this property three years ago, it came with the tractor, I’m imagining the tractors, 20 years old. I get it serviced every winter and have the fluids changed, dad, hydraulic lines, checked for leaks, and the engine fine-tuning if I’ve been having problems during the growing season.

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #16  
The first thing to do is to jump across the solenoid.
This was my first thought also. HOWEVER- you need to make darned sure the transmission is in neutral. I know that's obvious, so just a reminder.

This certainly sounds like the starter isn't getting the message to do it's job.

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #17  
I bought this property three years ago, it came with the tractor, I’m imagining the tractors, 20 years old. I get it serviced every winter and have the fluids changed, dad, hydraulic lines, checked for leaks, and the engine fine-tuning if I’ve been having problems during the growing season.
Follow the positive cable from the battery. You bolted the other end to the solenoid when you replaced it.

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #18  
Is the circled item a metal connection/spade lug? It sure looks like something about the size of your mystery connector. Check wiring diagram to see if it should connect there. Or maybe there is another lug that it should connect to.
1699148588918.png

The circled area already has some wire connected there.

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #20  
The circled area already has some wire connected there.

If you connect the positive from the battery to the place where that wire was connected to on the starter, it should make the starter turn. Either a wire direct from the battery, or from where the large battery wire connects to the starter.

If your starter turns, and perhaps starts the tractor, then your problem is somewhere between the ignition and the starter.

If the starter doesn't turn, then it is either in the battery cable to the starter, or the starter.