3-Point Hitch L4330 HST_3 Point hitch won't lower (Adjusting lowering speed knob has no effect)

/ L4330 HST_3 Point hitch won't lower (Adjusting lowering speed knob has no effect) #1  

JonBarleycorn

Tractor
Kubota L4330
For no apparent reason my L4330 3 point hitch will not lower, though I have a box blade on it and have adjusted the Lowering Speed Knob full travel either direction multiple times.

I have removed the seat to look below and it appears that the Position Control Lever and the Lowering Speed knob are fully connected and functional.

This happened with no warning and had been working without issue. All other hydraulics (loader and HST) work correctly with no issue and the hydro fluid is within the correct range and has 150-200 hours on it. There are no visual signs of any damage.

I know the Lowering Speed knob can be the usual cause for the 3 point to not lower, but it is not the case now.

Help is appreciated!!

/ L4330 HST_3 Point hitch won't lower (Adjusting lowering speed knob has no effect) #2  
Is the pin that connect the two installed? I had my pin either fall out or (more likely) it wasn't installed after having my tractor repaired. The knob would just spin with no effect and then eventually just puled out.

Good luck!

/ L4330 HST_3 Point hitch won't lower (Adjusting lowering speed knob has no effect)
Is the pin that connect the two installed? I had my pin either fall out or (more likely) it wasn't installed after having my tractor repaired. The knob would just spin with no effect and then eventually just puled out.

Good luck!

When you say pin, I assume you mean the pin that holds the lower speed knob on-yes, it is in place and turns normally lock to lock

/ L4330 HST_3 Point hitch won't lower (Adjusting lowering speed knob has no effect)
I have now fully lowered gooseneck stock trailer tongue onto my box blade and then jumped onto the box blade. These two actions resulted in the 3 point hitch dropping @2-3" with the control lever in the fully lowered position. When I raised the 3 point it went back to the full height position and will not lower when repeating the same circumstances.

Has anyone had the lower speed valve stick or become blocked?

/ L4330 HST_3 Point hitch won't lower (Adjusting lowering speed knob has no effect) #5  
I can think of 3 scenarios offhand.

1 internals for your ROD (rate of descent) knob are uncoupled or not working to let the lift cylinder drain. Basically what you were looking at, only internal parts

2 the feedback linkage for position control loose or mis-adjusted. It combined with the position control lever tells the valving when to lift or drain the lift cylinder.

3 Other bad internal damage.

Option 2 would be the easiest to fix & probably not even requiring opening the machine up. For that reason alone I'd start there.

/ L4330 HST_3 Point hitch won't lower (Adjusting lowering speed knob has no effect) #6  
If you have draft control and the lever is up the position control will not lower the lift arms.

If you have draft control and the lever is up the position control will not lower the lift arms.

Thanks, unfortunately, this is not the case as I do not have a draft control.....

/ L4330 HST_3 Point hitch won't lower (Adjusting lowering speed knob has no effect) #8  
Fallon's option two from above also makes sense. I had that happen one time on my L4300. If you can find a shop manual they will give the approx length of the lever or rod that makes the position control work. There almost certainly is some simple answer to this.