L4400 & landpride RCR1872 rotary cutter

/ L4400 & landpride RCR1872 rotary cutter #1  

photogman

I'll be picking up my tractor next week...L4400 4WD HST with FEL and extra hydraulics....I purchased a bush-hog type mower from him as well - Landpride 6 ft. He will be putting fluid in the tires for me by the time I pickup the tractor. Reason I'm picking it up instead of him delivering it is he said I could use his trailer anytime he's not using it, so I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth :) Anyway getting to my question...he said the loader is really easy to unhook and I might want to mow with the FEL off. Will the front end be too light for just bush-hogging? The mower weighs 737 lbs. Thanks for your advice.

/ L4400 & landpride RCR1872 rotary cutter #2  
Is your land hilly and steep? or is it flat. I mow on some steep hills and I leave mine on. Make sure and keep your FEL low to the ground when on slopes. But you would probably be ok either way.

/ L4400 & landpride RCR1872 rotary cutter #3  
Hopefully you got the Quick Attach for your bucket. If so I usually just remove my bucket, when running my rear finish mower. I guess it depends if you plan on using the FEL much.

/ L4400 & landpride RCR1872 rotary cutter
There are parts of my land that are very hilly and others which aren't. Regarding the FEL, I don't believe it has the quick attach for the bucket. Is that something that can be added later or are you pretty much stuck if you didn't order it that way in the beginning

/ L4400 & landpride RCR1872 rotary cutter #5  
Call and talk nice to your dealer and see if he'll add it. Basically they just put some additional hardware on your loader. But the buckets are completely different. It will probably cost you an additional 1000. to do it later. It allows you to remove your bucket in about 30 seconds. You can them put on pallet forks, a bale spear anything that has the skid steer quick attach.

/ L4400 & landpride RCR1872 rotary cutter #6  
Call and talk nice to your dealer and see if he'll add it. Basically they just put some additional hardware on your loader. But the buckets are completely different. It will probably cost you an additional 1000. to do it later. It allows you to remove your bucket in about 30 seconds. You can them put on pallet forks, a bale spear anything that has the skid steer quick attach.

Second that and you will not regret it.

/ L4400 & landpride RCR1872 rotary cutter #7  
Just wanted to say that on my L4400 I had the heavier bucket put on with the quick-tach and am very happy I did. The heavy bucket is a great improvement.

/ L4400 & landpride RCR1872 rotary cutter #8  
Good deal I have pound it to be very strong.

/ L4400 & landpride RCR1872 rotary cutter #9  
I'll be picking up my tractor next week...L4400 4WD HST with FEL and extra hydraulics....I purchased a bush-hog type mower from him as well - Landpride 6 ft. He will be putting fluid in the tires for me by the time I pickup the tractor. Reason I'm picking it up instead of him delivering it is he said I could use his trailer anytime he's not using it, so I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth :) Anyway getting to my question...he said the loader is really easy to unhook and I might want to mow with the FEL off. Will the front end be too light for just bush-hogging? The mower weighs 737 lbs. Thanks for your advice.

I use a Landpride RCR1860 that weighs 620# on a 2,100# B7800. I think your L4400 @ 3,200# will handle the 737# Landpride with no problem.