L45 vs M59 - or skidsteer

/ L45 vs M59 - or skidsteer #51  
How well would the L45 lift 2000 lbs? I've never looked at the specs but that's got to be near it's limit.

Check the Pressures and set them at or 5% above the top of the spec (2950 Psia) and L39/L45/L47 lifts a ton very easy. It will lift to full height, but scary tippy as it is small footprint.

Mine was 400 Pound low factor setting

/ L45 vs M59 - or skidsteer #52  
Check the Pressures and set them at or 5% above the top of the spec (2950 Psia) and L39/L45/L47 lifts a ton very easy. It will lift to full height, but scary tippy as it is small footprint.

Mine was 400 Pound low factor setting

Do you have any suggestions of HOW to do this?

ac

/ L45 vs M59 - or skidsteer #53  

ac
Get a workshop manual... that's not a cop out, it's worth it for many many tasks, even at a couple hundred bucks. You need to get a pressure gauge rated to 3-4000psi or so. Typically you plug it into a QD on the loader lift circuit, but not sure if you have on with a non-QD loader. Any QD you can dump full pressure to briefly to will work.

After you measure things & figure out if you can safely boost pressure you can fiddle with the relief valve. Typically you undo a plug on the relief valve. You place thin washers under that plug to tighten up the spring under the plug.

/ L45 vs M59 - or skidsteer #54  

ac

Rather easy except for the swing relief on the BH as you have to pull seat Fender and floor sheetmetal off far as I can tell.

On the TLB's there are two externally adjustable reliefs under the panel in front of the front of the seat. (No shims needed like on the cheaper Kubota's) The Main and Another relief., I'm not sure if the small relief is for the BH or 3 Pt.

Also on the loader control valve there are 3 more adjustable reliefs.
Tee in gages to see which is which by lowering the relief and what circuit drops, that's the relief for that circuit. Main relief needs to be the highest setting I set that by over tightening the other reliefs so the main relief released first, set that pressure then went to all the other reliefs and set each one a bit lower than the main.

The BH again has adjustable reliefs. Remove the cover and loosen the valve from the mounts so you can get at all the reliefs. I just turned mine in one flat of the hex and called it a day.

Maybe a tractor mechanic will tell me I did this all wrong, but it seemed to work and my motor and pump are not straining.

/ L45 vs M59 - or skidsteer #55  
Stumps are time-consuming even with the M59. In fact, they aren't any more fun with the bigger JD310 with AC, 95hp, and a cab with music. A two foot trunk may require a hole ten feet across and 5 feet deep. I've never done a 36" one. Breaking through the roots is hard on the machine and operator as the tractor bounces around. If there is a taproot below the root ball then things get even worse. Resist the impulse to pound on the stump - they rarely split & really abuses the hoe. Just chew away. You have to dig an astonishing hole before the hoe will lift the root ball. Wish I had better news, but I just haven't found a better way than simply going slow and digging them out.
Pros sometimes excavate on one side of a tree and then push it over - popping the root ball free of the ground. That takes a dozer....., and it doesn't help if you've already got stumps. I've got a few dozen stumps yet to go and not looking forward to them.
Luck,
rScotty

I found that the M59 is very effective for stump removal. I pulled this one out in about two hours start to finish. I'm guessing the hole was about 8 feet deep and 25 feet across when I was finished. We used the hole to bury extra concrete we had on the job site. I cut it into three parts and pulled it down one part at at time. So if you ask me the M59 is all the tractor you'll ever need!

6226_3.jpg

/ L45 vs M59 - or skidsteer #56  
I found that the M59 is very effective for stump removal. I pulled this one out in about two hours start to finish. I'm guessing the hole was about 8 feet deep and 25 feet across when I was finished. We used the hole to bury extra concrete we had on the job site. I cut it into three parts and pulled it down one part at at time. So if you ask me the M59 is all the tractor you'll ever need!

6226_3.jpg

That's an astonishing tree! If our land had such a speciman I'd be tempted to make it the dominate visual feature of our landscape. But we're in the mountains and no such trees exist here. We've got plenty of rocks, though. Digging a hole that size would be mostly through rock, not dirt.

After digging any hole, it always amazes me that digging the hole creates a pile of rocks way to big to ever go back into that same hole, along with a surprisingly small pile of sandy gravel & dirt. The M59 comes with an SSQA, so it is easy to swap on a rock bucket to make sure we save the dirt. Rocks piles eventually become the rock walls one sees thoughout the mountains. Building those walls is another thing the M59 with a thumb does well.

Yes, the M59 is probably all the tractor most people will ever need. We used ours to clean out the creek today. It has enough ground clearance to be able to work in shallow water.
rScotty

/ L45 vs M59 - or skidsteer #57  
That's an astonishing tree! If our land had such a speciman I'd be tempted to make it the dominate visual feature of our landscape. But we're in the mountains and no such trees exist here. We've got plenty of rocks, though. Digging a hole that size would be mostly through rock, not dirt.

After digging any hole, it always amazes me that digging the hole creates a pile of rocks way to big to ever go back into that same hole, along with a surprisingly small pile of sandy gravel & dirt. The M59 comes with an SSQA, so it is easy to swap on a rock bucket to make sure we save the dirt. Rocks piles eventually become the rock walls one sees thoughout the mountains. Building those walls is another thing the M59 with a thumb does well.

Yes, the M59 is probably all the tractor most people will ever need. We used ours to clean out the creek today. It has enough ground clearance to be able to work in shallow water.
rScotty

The first thing i thought of was "TREEHOUSE!!!" Just fill in the root ball with gravel and cement then some loom. I figure that tree would support a 3 bdrm, 2-1/2 bath treehouse.

Seriously I took off the plow and put the bucket on my up armolred L39 today n for the heck of it, just pushed a few things around. For small TLB, it is quite a tractor. I wish it had another 20 HP or so for plowing snow and roading up hills.

/ L45 vs M59 - or skidsteer #58  
The first thing i thought of was "TREEHOUSE!!!" Just fill in the root ball with gravel and cement then some loom. I figure that tree would support a 3 bdrm, 2-1/2 bath treehouse.

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing. But after much debate I decided to bring the rest of the tree down.

/ L45 vs M59 - or skidsteer #59  

rScotty
I didn't want to bring the tree down. However, the tree was half dead. It had some kind of Elm tree disease. So rather than risk having branches fall on something or someone, I decided to bring it down. Sad day indeed for the 75+ year old tree. But the good news is trees grow great in our area and I have about another 300 other trees here as well.
You are correct and that I'm very lucky to live down in an old riverbed. This is mostly farmland and I have several large farms around me as well. So the ground here is mostly sand and clay. Just a few small rocks every now and then. Easy digging indeed.

/ L45 vs M59 - or skidsteer #60  
I didn't want to bring the tree down. However, the tree was half dead. It had some kind of Elm tree disease. So rather than risk having branches fall on something or someone, I decided to bring it down. Sad day indeed for the 75+ year old tree. But the good news is trees grow great in our area and I have about another 300 other trees here as well.
You are correct and that I'm very lucky to live down in an old riverbed. This is mostly farmland and I have several large farms around me as well. So the ground here is mostly sand and clay. Just a few small rocks every now and then. Easy digging indeed.

Sounds like the right decision. I know what you mean about old trees. Wish we had some of your topsoil here; the recent flood took what little we had and replaced it with gravel & boulders. Had to cut down over 40 large pine & fir trees that drowned. Interestingly, they were all about 75 years old, too. Getting lots of practice building rock walls with the M59 and now have plenty of rocks to work with. The Kubota BH & thumb combo is great.
rScotty