Tractor Sizing L4600 in wooded acreage

/ L4600 in wooded acreage #11  
I've used our old L3750DT for over 10 years here, but not since I got the L3800DT. And the 3750 is 1300 lbs heavier and 45hp. Larger isn't always better. ;)

Nope there is an old saying here (paraphrased) "Bigger isn't always better, sometimes bigger is just bigger."

However there is also this, "The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet." - Damon Runyon

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have seen people trade down or say they wish they had gone smaller, but the opposite is too numerous to count.

/ L4600 in wooded acreage #12  
The only advantage the L4600 will have over the L3800 in your situation is more loader capacity. I'm using a L3800DT in the woods on 400 acres almost daily logging and road maintenance and mowing. I use the 3 pt hitch to skid logs, and rarely need the FEL. Sometimes I think I might 'like' a larger rig, but never 'really' need it and the smaller size of the 3800 is a blessing in the woods! Ag tires and gear trans work best for me!

BG, how do you keep from bending those little tie rods in front of the axle on the smaller L series Kubotas? I took one look at that and axed the tractor off of my buy list. We must drive differently as I bent a tie rod that was on my JD and that was in back of the front axle.

/ L4600 in wooded acreage #13  
BG, how do you keep from bending those little tie rods in front of the axle on the smaller L series Kubotas? I took one look at that and axed the tractor off of my buy list. We must drive differently as I bent a tie rod that was on my JD and that was in back of the front axle.
I just watch where I'm going. No really I do. :D

I did bend one once, wasn't paying attention and ran into a 6" tree. Got back to the shop and straighten it out in 15 minutes and all has been good.

/ L4600 in wooded acreage #14  
Nope there is an old saying here (paraphrased) "Bigger isn't always better, sometimes bigger is just bigger."

However there is also this, "The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet." - Damon Runyon

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have seen people trade down or say they wish they had gone smaller, but the opposite is too numerous to count.

That's right and it's all about the right tool for the job.

This L3800DT is the best little logging/woods tractor I've ever used! :)