L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #21  
I just received a new M62 (have other issues related to rust that I have posted on other threads here). I also ordered a new 3 pt hitch n it should be here this week. Wondered, will it be necessary for me to remove the 3pt hitch every time I install the backhoe? I assume so? However, just wanted to confirm. Anyone know how long it takes to remove backhoe n install 3 pt n then reinstall backhoe??

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #22  
I just received a new M62 (have other issues related to rust that I have posted on other threads here). I also ordered a new 3 pt hitch n it should be here this week. Wondered, will it be necessary for me to remove the 3pt hitch every time I install the backhoe? I assume so? However, just wanted to confirm. Anyone know how long it takes to remove backhoe n install 3 pt n then reinstall backhoe??

Yes you have to remove the 3PH to install the BH. It takes me about 20-30 min start to finish from 3PH with implement to BH and vice versa. Cab slows things down a wee bit with a few extra steps ie. remove and install rear window. It takes about 15 minutes without the cab.

I wouldn't recommend storing the 3PH on the tractor with the provided mounts. Not worth the time or effort.

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #23  
Sorry for the delay in responding. The weather cooperated and I've spent every moment I could out in the field.

Scotty - Yep, I can state the obvious. Sorry for not being specific. The holes on the tractor needed to be machined out to specs.

TMGT and Scotty, I have to admit that I am extremely frustrated with my local dealer. They sold me the 3pt hitch, the tractor is still under warranty; yet, they refused to do anything unless I paid them to do the installation of the 3 pt. hitch. Very disappointing in the customer service department.

Thanks for all the help.

Did you ever reach out to Kubota USA directly to see what they would say? I've heard vague rumors of people who have done that and had a Kubota service tech show up on their doorstep. I've always wondered about those rumors..... This would certainly seem to be the type of thing they would be interested in seeing.

Thinking about it, I can see where it would easily cost $200 shop time & tools if I had to buy a couple of special metric sized drill bits and make up a bushing or jig to center them accurately.

Although it has apparently been fixed, it wouldn't hurt to document the whole process with Kubota's main office. Maybe ask them to send someone by to double check the repairs?? After all, it's a new kit on an existing model and all still under warranty. I think that Kubota would be interested.
If it were me, I wouldn't let the dealer off the hook so easily. At least make him think twice about acting that way again.
rScotty

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #24  
YesI wouldn't recommend storing the 3PH on the tractor with the provided mounts. Not worth the time or effort.

Sure gotta agree with that. That 3PH is surprisingly heavy. Each part by itself is heavy. There are hooks under the tractor step where Kubota says you can store the hitch components, but I don't know of anyone who has actually done so. I'd love to watch someone try. It would be quite a challenge to fit them under that step..... and then what would be done with all the pins and clips? To mount the 3PH involves a quart container filled with with the special pins and clips.
Like most, my M59's 3PH components live on a shelf in the pole barn. Someday I'll put up some pegs to hang the parts from - they are too heavy to hang from nails. They may never see use. We've still got the old JD for 3PH work, and that vintage JD has the best 3PH ever.

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #25  
I appreciate everyone's help. After several attempts at different approaches, two sets of pins and an additional $200, the verdict came down to the holes where to small.

Thanks again for all the help. Now on to mowing.

Dear Heliman

Old thread, I know, but how do you like mowing with your L47? What kind of mowing do you do? (asking because I am in love with the L47 but worried it might not be the right tool for bush hogging, although it looks superb for everything else). Thank you