L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #11  
Well, that's good Mikester...you've just saved me from laying in the snow today trying to see if my M59 stepped pins fit. As long as they might, that's good enough for me.
I'm still wondering if the L47 and M59 (& M62?) share a common 3 point kit.
rScotty

Two different prices on kubota's web site so they must be different

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #12  
Well, that's good Mikester...you've just saved me from laying in the snow today trying to see if my M59 stepped pins fit. As long as they might, that's good enough for me.
I'm still wondering if the L47 and M59 (& M62?) share a common 3 point kit.
rScotty

I wonder now that you mention it...could heliman's tractor be sitting outside in the frosty outside and the pins are coming from a nice warm house/car/garage? That would make a nice tight fit if it was tight to start with...

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions
Thank you. I tried the emry cloth and some light steel wool to clean it out and still no luck. I dropped the tractor off at the dealership so they can see what's going on. I appreciate everyone's help and will keep you posted on what they come back with.

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #14  
Weather cooperated today so I pulled the tractor out and climbed underneath to check the fittment of my pins. They are exactly the same as yours (stepped) and fit perfectly. I’d say the fit is tight enough that when fully inserted you have to work at getting it back out, no slop at all. You shouldn’t have to modify a brand new price of equipment. Something is being overlooked. I’m not real technical but do have a set of calipers I could measure mine with. Maybe I’ll do that and post the results tomorrow

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #15  
Maybe the hole never got machined out:confused3: Well keep us posted, Thanks

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #16  
IMG_4321.JPG

Mine fit like a glove with the step.

I appreciate everyone's help. After several attempts at different approaches, two sets of pins and an additional $200, the verdict came down to the holes where to small.

Thanks again for all the help. Now on to mowing.

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #18  
I appreciate everyone's help. After several attempts at different approaches, two sets of pins and an additional $200, the verdict came down to the holes where to small.

Thanks again for all the help. Now on to mowing.

Uh.....didn't we know that in the first place? It's got to be the first thing they did was to measure it. But how did you fix it? $200? For what? Machining the pins - about a $20 job at most - would be preferable to drilling out the hole, although either would work.

I wonder why the holes are tight and the pins are stepped in the first place? All in all, that way of designing a 3 pt arm pin is quite unusual. They must have had a reason for it, since that system is going to be more expensive to make than the common single diameter pin and keeper everyone else uses.

Maybe it's just me, but there's still some understanding I'm missing here. Did anyone ask Kubota to comment on the reason for the design?
rScotty

/ L47 TLB Three Point Installation Questions #19  
Uh.....didn't we know that in the first place? It's got to be the first thing they did was to measure it. But how did you fix it? $200? For what? Machining the pins - about a $20 job at most - would be preferable to drilling out the hole, although either would work.

I wonder why the holes are tight and the pins are stepped in the first place? All in all, that way of designing a 3 pt arm pin is quite unusual. They must have had a reason for it, since that system is going to be more expensive to make than the common single diameter pin and keeper everyone else uses.

Maybe it's just me, but there's still some understanding I'm missing here. Did anyone ask Kubota to comment on the reason for the design?
rScotty
Typically stepped pins like that are used to aid in install/removal when a tighter fit is desired. Prevents the pin from corroding in place as easily (imagine removing a pin that's full length is the same with corrosion on it as opposed to to 2 small sections).

The other reason, which I doubt in this case, is to allow 2 different size pins to be used in one application like a cat1/cat2 implement.

I'm also confused why you had to pay $200 to remedy the problem?

Sorry for the delay in responding. The weather cooperated and I've spent every moment I could out in the field.

Scotty - Yep, I can state the obvious. Sorry for not being specific. The holes on the tractor needed to be machined out to specs.

TMGT and Scotty, I have to admit that I am extremely frustrated with my local dealer. They sold me the 3pt hitch, the tractor is still under warranty; yet, they refused to do anything unless I paid them to do the installation of the 3 pt. hitch. Very disappointing in the customer service department.

Thanks for all the help.