Price Check L4701 purchase tips

/ L4701 purchase tips #1  

Slk2121

Tractor
Grasshopper 325D
Hey everybody, I'm new to TBN and new to the tractor world. I'm in the market for a tractor L4701 specifically. And just curious about what I'd expect to pay. I have several large Kubota dealers in my area and had email quotes from them all for a package type deal with L4701 HST 4wd Front end loader, 18ft 7k trailer, LP 1872 cutter, and 6ft LP box blade. Quotes were anywhere from 29,500 to 36000. Why such a big difference in $$? Also is 29,500 as good as it's gonna get on something like that? I'm also wanting to get a 3rd function for grapple and some rear remotes for a Harley rake in the future? One dealer quoted me $1250 per remote, that seemed really high to me, but then again I am clueless when it comes to tractors. Any help would be appreciated.

/ L4701 purchase tips #2  
Get the retail pricing off the Kubota website and then expect anywhere from 10-12-15% discounts typical.

/ L4701 purchase tips #3  
...Quotes were anywhere from 29,500 to 36000. Why such a big difference in $$? Also is 29,500 as good as it's gonna get on something like that?...
Depends on if the dealer thinks you are serious or not. I'm sure the 36000 quote is full MSRP price... Do you need the trailer? How far away is this place?

2017 Kubota L4701 (HST 4WD) for sale in Louisburg, Bartlesville, and Independence, KS | Romans Outdoor Power - Louisburg (913) 837-5225

(just popped up in google)

Last edited:
   / L4701 purchase tips
Depends on if the dealer thinks you are serious or not. I'm sure the 36000 quote is full MSRP price... Do you need the trailer? How far away is this place?

217 Kubota L471 (HST 4WD) for sale in Louisburg, Bartlesville, and Independence, KS | Romans Outdoor Power - Louisburg (913) 837-5225

(just popped up in google)

I actually own a medium sized lawn care and landscape company, so I have plenty of trailers, but for the most part they are spoken For with my mow crews so I kinda could use it

/ L4701 purchase tips #5  
A 18' trailer isn't really going to be sufficient. I had a 16' tilting deck trailer & the only reason my L3200 fit on it was the 8' long tongue I could put the loader/bucket on.

There are 2 factors to consider. Will the tractor + loader + impliment + possibly an extra impliment physically fit on the trailer. Problem 2 is balancing the load so you get the proper 10-15% tongue weight while hauling. You may need to put the equipment a few feet forward or backwards of where they physically fit on the trailer to make it ballance.

My L4060 is cramped on my 22' trailer if I'm trying to haul an extra impliment.

My L3200 and an implement would have been getting close to the capacity of a light trailer with a pair of 3,500lbs axles. Not much leway for anything other than just the tractor & loader.

/ L4701 purchase tips
A 18' trailer isn't really going to be sufficient. I had a 16' tilting deck trailer & the only reason my L3200 fit on it was the 8' long tongue I could put the loader/bucket on.

There are 2 factors to consider. Will the tractor + loader + impliment + possibly an extra impliment physically fit on the trailer. Problem 2 is balancing the load so you get the proper 10-15% tongue weight while hauling. You may need to put the equipment a few feet forward or backwards of where they physically fit on the trailer to make it ballance.

My L4060 is cramped on my 22' trailer if I'm trying to haul an extra impliment.

My L3200 and an implement would have been getting close to the capacity of a light trailer with a pair of 3,500lbs axles. Not much leway for anything other than just the tractor & loader.

Really?? The dealer told me the 18 footer would be fine. How much is it gonna weigh with say a loader and cutter on? I figured the 3500lb axles would be pushing it but didn't think it'd be overloaded.

/ L4701 purchase tips #7  
Really?? The dealer told me the 18 footer would be fine. How much is it gonna weigh with say a loader and cutter on? I figured the 3500lb axles would be pushing it but didn't think it'd be overloaded.
You should be good. The tractor is 3300#, the loader is ballpark 800# and the cutter 650-750#. Minus the weight of the trailer of 1500#, you have 5500# you can haul.

/ L4701 purchase tips #8  
You should be good. The tractor is 3300#, the loader is ballpark 800# and the cutter 650-750#. Minus the weight of the trailer of 1500#, you have 5500# you can haul.
Add in loaded tires & it gets tighter. Loader weights often don't include the 300lbs for the bucket. Not saying you'll be over weight, but it might be a bit tight. Im not sure how close that 1,500lbs trailer weight is. I tend to go beefy. My 14k lbs 22' tilting deck is 4k lbs & other 14k lbs trailers I was looking at were in the low to mid 3k range. But those are beefier trailers with double the farting capacity. I just hated being cramped in my old 16' tilting deck. So much more pain & work chaining it down when things were tight, not to mention fitting stuff on & balancing it.

Not saying it applies here, but I often see those package deals around & they aren't always the best value & often go with the cheapest impliments or trailer possible. I'm just not a fan unless you know what you are getting.

/ L4701 purchase tips #9  
Re-read the OP... Can't complain about 6' LandPride impliments, so thats probably not an issue. Use to seeing g some of the Korean package deals advertised around here with cheap small impliments.

$1k per remote is the right ballpark. I installed 3 valves in a custom installed on my L3200. Was probably pushing $1800 on materials. If you put in one, seriously think about 3. That gives you 1 + TnT. TnT is the best thing since sliced bread if you do any grading. Will make that box blade twice as effective & twice as easy to use.

/ L4701 purchase tips
Ended up going with the MX4800 IMG_5427.JPG