L48 exhaust conversion to stack discharge

/ L48 exhaust conversion to stack discharge #11  
OK...so the last comment was made over 7 years ago and still no one has commented on how the down-facing exhaust stirs up dust on dry ground. I would take a typical vertical exhaust any day, especially as I have a cab. It doesn't have A/C so the doors are off in warm weather. Judging by the dust in the cab, I should be wearing a mask....it's seriously dusty. Has anyone got a solution?

/ L48 exhaust conversion to stack discharge #12  
A vertical exhaust stack is on my to do list for my 5240. Other members (4shorts and Waxman) have already made stack conversions and have done a very nice job.

/ L48 exhaust conversion to stack discharge #13  
A vertical exhaust stack is on my to do list for my 5240. Other members (4shorts and Waxman) have already made stack conversions and have done a very nice job.

Thanks for your response. I have looked at 4shorts mod and he is obviously a skilled and creative fellow....his results speak for themselves. However, I am hoping to do something simpler. My 1991 Ford 1520 has a vertical exhaust that is only attached at the head (i.e. the three-into-one header/exhaust pipe is self-supporting). I think this is typical of older tractors. I would like to apply the same approach to my L-48. I will be speaking to a local custom exhaust shop and will let you know if he feels that my concept is workable.