L5030HSTC after 2 years

/ L5030HSTC after 2 years
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Really liked the seat, compared to my Kubota. When I looked outside again, I then noticed it must be nearly a ft taller than the Kubota. )</font>

No kidding?! I wonder what the advantage to that would be? There would have to be a reason JD did that. I'm not particularly tall or short, around 6', and I have plenty of head room in the Kubota even with a ball cap on. Also, I clear my 8' door in the back of my barn by about an inch with the L5030HSTC. Any taller and I'd always have to go in through the front door. I guarantee you that I'd forget at least once if I had a taller tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ L5030HSTC after 2 years #22  
I am new and dont know a thing!

/ L5030HSTC after 2 years #23  
My L4610 is just slightly over 7' tall. It likes just a little going under a normal garage door. Maybe a 5030 is taller, I do not know.

My cab has plenty of room with the factory seat, but there are times I wish the seat had more travel room for rough ground and I notice that most good tractor seats do have more travel room.

/ L5030HSTC after 2 years #24  
Bob,
I understand your position and I am in agreement. Thanks for the clarification. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dargo,
BEST REVIEW I have seen to date on TBN. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Look forward to hearing more from both of you.

Larry

/ L5030HSTC after 2 years #25  
I find this information most valuable. Thank you for the time and opinion.

I myself have completely outclassed my B7800 with a change in property. The 5030 has been on my radar scope for a while, but now the new M series are catching my attention. So I really like to read up on how it has worked for you.

Thanks again for the review.

-Mike Z.

/ L5030HSTC after 2 years #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Dargo,
BEST REVIEW I have seen to date on TBN. Thank you for sharing your experiences.)</font>
I appreciate the information also. I am in a similar situation. My BX22 is definitely not up to par for the property I have now. I probably don't need more than a 3830 at this time, but have considered moving on up to the 5030 to cover future needs. Actually have also considered keeping the BX22 and getting a 3830 for the bigger tasks. I hate to give up the backhoe for the few times I need it (although the rocks here give it fits!). The BX22 MMM is an excellent mower for the grass. I have a great 42" tiller for gardening. Not sure if I can afford to have both, but keeping all that and adding a 3830 with loader, boxblade, bush hog and a few other things might be perfect. I'm guessing about $5,000 more for similarly equipped 5030 vs 3830. Would that sound about right? As rough as some of my yard is (7+acres), I should spend the extra 5k on a Harley rake!
Thanks again for all the insight!
Terry