L5450

/ L5450 #11  
Mike, one area where the L48 and the L 4850 and L5450 differ immensely is in the drive system. HST on the L48 and a hoe system that is arguably superior to the L5450. Greater capacities and much more hydraulic flow since 2 pumps run the hoe. Don't get me wrong, the L4850 and L5450 are fantastic, but at new comparable setups, the L48 is quite a bit less costly, has more features like 3 pumps and HST (a bonus for most) a very comparable loader lift capacity and the L48 weighs just slightly more. I thought long and hard about the L48 especially since I have almost all my compact tractor hours on a L4850, an almost identical version of the L5450 with only slightly less HP and loader lift. Obviously, the L 4850 and L5450 are going to have to be had used and I would certainly have considered either had they been available. Rat...

/ L5450 #12  
Machinefinder.com has a 1995 L5450 with a loader
(and picture) for $21,950. Number of hours are unknown.

/ L5450 #13  
Hey Mark - I haven't been keeping up - did you get an L48? They are great - I'll probably cave in some day and want the HST. And you're right about the backhoe fluid flow - the L48 hoe is designed for real production digging.

When I was looking, the L48 was selling north of 36 large and the L5450/Bradco was pretty fresh and 12k less - so there wasn't much deciding to do. I had started out just trying to find a backhoe for my L4150 - funny how these things escalate. Take care.

/ L5450 #14  
Mike - I understand the LA1150A loader is still listed in the Kubota catalog "subject to availability" which means there may be very few left. But the kicker is that it has a list price of $4800 PLUS $900 for the heavy duty bucket !!! Boy - are they ever pround of that rig !! Maybe they'd listen to reason - I got a new-old-stock loader for my L345DT years ago for about 35% off list - Doug at Pinnacleview Equipment Walpole NH did the legwork. Good luck - if youre still considering this tractor, and also if you're not.

/ L5450 #15  
Thing is Dick, the L5450 is such a nice machine that I would pay it to have a high quality loader like that. I still look forward to using the L4850 whenever the chance arises. Rat...

P.S. I changed all the fluids in the L4850 to sysnthetic after reading how long Kubota suggests you wait before driving the tractor. Since none of us ever did, I thought it would be the least I could do.

/ L5450 #16  
Rat - Did you put in Amsoil ATH ? Did you switch the crankcase to synthetic too? What kind?

/ L5450 #17  
I believe it was Amsoil 30 for the hydraulics and it was 15W40 for the engine. Also I put in a Amsoil synthetic gear oil in the front axle. The hydraulic oil says it was for all Kubotas, MChalkley may have more info about the hydraulic fluid. I bought 15 gallons of it as the L4850 took about 48 quarts, Rat

/ L5450 #18  
Hey Mike - what did you decide to do about this rig? I noticed a pretty interesting package at AgDealer - here's the link
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.agdealer.com/list/view_image.cfm?image=1146412&dealerid=194>http://www.agdealer.com/list/view_image.cfm?image=1146412&dealerid=194</A> This is a Canadian setup with mechanical self-leveling FEL, small backhoe and cab - all for $22k ! Wow ! I guess freight would be a little fierce, not to mention import taxes./w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif