L5740 HST filter Change

/ L5740 HST filter Change #1  

horsinaround

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 Kubota F3080
I am doing the 50 hr. service on my Kubota L5740. The manual says to drain all the oil, then remove the filter. 50 hour service only requires replacing the filter and topping off the oil.

Is draining the oil required to remove the filter... in other words if I take off the filter is all, or most of the oil coming out anyway?

I don't want to spin off the filter and end up with 10 gallons of oil on the ground.... Anyone else done this that can offer experience?

Thanks.

/ L5740 HST filter Change #2  
All fluids should be changed at the frist service.
Doing a full service at 50 hr important.
Dont skimp!!

/ L5740 HST filter Change #3  
horsinaround,

Marshall is 100% correct.

The 50 hour service is specifically time to remove a significant amount of manufacturing/wear-in/burnishing debris.

The cost of a good clean fluid is an investment in long mechanical life.

If you have an HST, I highly recommend you look at Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF. The pdf is attached.

It is significantly better than UDT/SUDT for temperature extremes and hard use.

Texaco TDH Oil SS is exactly the same (re-branded)

Attachments

• Chevron THF.pdf
    145 KB · Views: 469
   / L5740 HST filter Change #4  
The 50 hour service only requires changing the HST filter and cleaning the screen. I think if you have a spare gallon you will be fine. Should be able to remove the filter and replace without losing to much.

/ L5740 HST filter Change #5  
The 50 hour service only requires changing the HST filter and cleaning the screen. I think if you have a spare gallon you will be fine. Should be able to remove the filter and replace without losing to much.

Not correct, the service recommendation for at least 18 months from Kubota has been to replace the hydraulic fluid at 50 hours. I won't argue the merits of their recommendation, but it is the manufacturer recommendation to change the fluid too at 50 hours. Kubota Tractor USA - Quick Reference Schedule

/ L5740 HST filter Change
My manual says that changing the HST fluid is not required until 400 hours. Change the filters at 50.

And, back to the orignial post question. Lots of oil comes out the filter on the right side of the tractor, when the filter is removed, so be ready quick when you go to change it.... unless of course you chose to replace your oil also.

/ L5740 HST filter Change