Loader L5740 moving round bales

/ L5740 moving round bales #1  

930ck

Silver Member
Tractor
allis d 17/ case 930, 1370/ kubota L5740
Was wondering if anyone has moved big round bales with the fel and how much did they weigh. These are around 1500# . Don’t want to find a ssqa bale spear and be disappointed. Thanks

/ L5740 moving round bales #2  
I have lifted 2000 lb pallets of mortar with my L5240. It was pushing it for sure. I did as little movement as possible, very slow and very low. Not something I would make a habit of, but it sure helped me out there. 1500 should be doable, but make sure you have proper rear counterweight and ballast.

/ L5740 moving round bales
I have lifted 2000 lb pallets of mortar with my L5240. It was pushing it for sure. I did as little movement as possible, very slow and very low. Not something I would make a habit of, but it sure helped me out there. 1500 should be doable, but make sure you have proper rear counterweight and ballast.

Planned on having a bale on the three point at the same time.

/ L5740 moving round bales #4  
I used front forks on my L5740 and L6060 but always stabbed a bale with my rear 3 point forks first. I only had iron tire weights - not loaded tires. However, I recall I did load single bale on front for several times, but always slow cautious event. After loading our bale hauler, I needed to get the last bale on top and rear ballast bales were gone.