L6060 Leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing!

/ L6060 Leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing! #1  

w8nfsnow

Tractor
Kubota L6060, ROPS
Bought an L6060 last December and now has 53hrs. Started noticing the odd oil spot on my garage floor at 30ish hours yup it's leaking transmission fluid from the weep hole because a $20 seal within bell housing!

Called my dealer who eluded to what needs to be done to repair yes split the tractor like I figured. Ok so yes I have warranty so no cost to me except my closest dealer where I bought is 220km one way. Kubota doesn't pay floating service as part of the warranty process which I was told when I purchased. I'm mostly ticked because my brand new tractor needs to be split with parts scattered all over the place....never the same at least that's how I feel just how I am.

I sold my 2012 Kioti that never went back to the dealer once. Now I have this leaking Kubota that needs to be split in half all because a known issue that should be addressed by Kubota Engineers don't tell me they aren't fully aware of the problem.

My relationship with Kubota quality is getting off to a bad start.

Hoping to hear from L60 or any other model owners who've had the same problem and how the service went.

/ L6060 Leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing! #2  
Yes, it is a known problem, but many Grand L's never have it, so no recall or fix. I had the same thing happen to my L5740HSTC and it was under warranty, now have well over 400 hours with great performance.

My dealer had never seen one, so they had to look the procedure up then modify it. The book called for cab removal, but my shop foreman found a work around.

/ L6060 Leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing!
Yes, it is a known problem, but many Grand L's never have it, so no recall or fix. I had the same thing happen to my L5740HSTC and it was under warranty, now have well over 400 hours with great performance.

My dealer had never seen one, so they had to look the procedure up then modify it. The book called for cab removal, but my shop foreman found a work around.

Thanks for the reply good to hear yours has been fine since fixed. I'm sure mine will get fixed....just a bit depressing at first!!!

Wonder if the seal gets damaged during assembly at the factory. The seal might be quality but gets nicked during assembly who knows.

/ L6060 Leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing! #4  
I would say give it a chance. Did you ever eat a bad meal and get sick? Then did you stop eating? If the trouble persists trade it.

I would say give it a chance. Did you ever eat a bad meal and get sick? Then did you stop eating? If the trouble persists trade it.

Ha ha good analogy thanks. What happens to restaurants that continue to knowingly sell bad food??? You might be more upset if the meal that made you sick was $45k.....you might just go on a hunger strike lol.

Let's face it Kubota continues to sell tractors with inadequate seals period it's been going on for years. Some we hear about on the net and way more we never hear about.

Is what it is I'm sure it will get fixed it's just annoying and would expect more quality from a company like Kubota.

/ L6060 Leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing! #6  
Ha ha good analogy thanks. What happens to restaurants that continue to knowingly sell bad food??? You might be more upset if the meal that made you sick was $45k.....you might just go on a hunger strike lol.

Let's face it Kubota continues to sell tractors with inadequate seals period it's been going on for years. Some we hear about on the net and way more we never hear about.

Is what it is I'm sure it will get fixed it's just annoying and would expect more quality from a company like Kubota.

I've never heard of this issue before. I understand your frustration. Splitting a tractor is major surgery. /0:

/ L6060 Leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing! #7  
do give it a chance as mentioned above w/so few hrs. just monitor fluid level. i 'd hold off on splitting tractor for now. the dealer has it on record i assume. & on warranty.

rest easy. as long as level is ok, give it a chance. phew..... but know your concern :) best regards

do give it a chance as mentioned above w/so few hrs. just monitor fluid level. i 'd hold off on splitting tractor for now. the dealer has it on record i assume. & on warranty.

rest easy. as long as level is ok, give it a chance. phew..... but know your concern :) best regards

Thanks big bubba I'm thinking the same thing and yes the leak is documented with my dealer and Kubota.

It's not leaking bad and fluid level hasn't moved. I'll check oil before each use which takes 30 seconds or less. Not a big deal to slide a piece of cardboard underneath to catch the drips and monitor leak.

/ L6060 Leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing! #9  
good. seals are a delicate membrane. always wise, in your justified concern to monitor. assume the weep hole is in place to accommodate the factory fill, etc.

on the flip side. also good to check hyd/ axle reservoirs after a change for settling levels. bet you're good!

/ L6060 Leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing! #10  
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Good thing yours is under warranty. I did mine on my own and 75 hours later, all is good. I am surprised that this is still happening. I figured kubota would have figured this out by the time the 60 series came out.