Oil & Fuel L6060 trash in fuel tank

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #21  
Loosen the INLET BOLT AT THE INJECTION PUMP w/ the key on..
That air pocket should be pushed out by the supply pump.. once u get fuel UP TO the INJ. PUMP..
DONT try to start it yet.. loosen ALL THE LINES AT THE INJECTORS..
NOW crank the engine till u get fuel squirting out at the loosened lines & tighten.. she autta fire up now..

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #22  
That air pocket should be pushed out by the supply pump.. once u get fuel UP TO the INJ. PUMP..
NOW crank the engine till u get fuel squirting out at the loosened lines & tighten.. she autta fire up now..

The fuel solenoid valve on the injector pump may not be getting twelve volts or or is defective which would give you a no start.

Two You Tube Videos. Of course they were made by english is a second language people. Be sure and click on skip the ads.

How stop solenoid and ignition key works. - YouTube

How to test Solenoid / Injection Pump Fuel Cut Off - YouTube

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank
The fuel solenoid valve on the injector pump may not be getting twelve volts or or is defective which would give you a no start.

Two You Tube Videos. Of course they were made by english is a second language people. Be sure and click on skip the ads.

I have had this issue before on a different tractor. I will look into this, and I will crack the injectors tomorrow.

Charged up the battery and I tried again.

I am getting fuel to both sides of the filter. But, I was able to get a wrench on one of the injectors and got just a tiny bit of moisture there. I could not find the solenoid shut off to attempt to test it. I ran out of time last night.

I'll look at a parts diagram and see if I can find the solenoid.

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #25  
I was going to blame your son in law but lesson learned: Always have your tank full when lending to someone else.
I know my fuel tank gauge doesn't read consistent until its almost on E. But I know now just to fill the tank when it reads 1/2 full.

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #26  

Absolutely agree. That's the procedure for a direct injection diesel.. But is yours direct injection or common rail? Common rail is a bit different.

With any system it is easy to get a bubble of air, and the procedure just as the pumpguy says is the complete cure - but only a complete sure thing as long as it is direct injection type..

Still, that's an easy procedure and won't hurt anything, although you may have to repeat the sequence several times. But once you can crank it over and get fuel squirting out of the loosened lines at the injectors you are almost done. Just tighten the lines at the injectors and she ought to fire. I believe the B2650 is direct injection. Not sure about the Lseries.

But it won't hurt to try that exact procedure even if it is common rail type. Those get air bubbles too. But with those it may not be a complete fix.

Chime in pumpguy?
rScotty

Absolutely agree. That's the procedure for a direct injection diesel.. But is yours direct injection or common rail? Common rail is a bit different.

With any system it is easy to get a bubble of air, and the procedure just as the pumpguy says is the complete cure - but only a complete sure thing as long as it is direct injection type..

Still, that's an easy procedure and won't hurt anything, although you may have to repeat the sequence several times. But once you can crank it over and get fuel squirting out of the loosened lines at the injectors you are almost done. Just tighten the lines at the injectors and she ought to fire. I believe the B2650 is direct injection. Not sure about the Lseries.

But it won't hurt to try that exact procedure even if it is common rail type. Those get air bubbles too. But with those it may not be a complete fix.

Chime in pumpguy?
rScotty

It is a common rail system on this tractor. I will research how to prime a common rail. I had no idea it would be different.

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #28  
Not a mechanic but it has been a long time since I primed a diesel. WD 40 works great for me even with a gas engine then no idea when I have a diesel run out of fuel either.

Check your air intake, diesel use a lot of air and dirty filter or insect nest in the air intake system can shut them down.That is great way to stop a diesel in emergency. Guess works well on gas also. lol

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #29  
Reading all this make me happy that I refill the dopey tractor owner way, I fill up 2 nice 5 gallon containers from a busy gas station that sells lots of diesel. I would never be able to contend with all that troubleshooting and workarounds.

Today, I read the owners manual and followed the instructions on how to bleed the fuel system, and that did not work. So, I drug it up onto my trailer and hauled it to the dealership. Lets see what they come up with.

I'm not expecting a quick fix on this at the dealer. I don't think they have a real mechanic, because he was out driving the truck to haul a tractor today, so I didn't get to talk to him directly.